• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Diesel glow plug wiring update.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akiszka

displayname
Anthony Kiszka
This update was laid out by another member in a post which is now closed but I wanted to verify what a great update this is and how easy it was! Secondly it can be accomplished with out any permenant modifications. All you need is basic hand tools with mostly off the shelf parts.

1) You need to insure all your glow plugs are the new style, in my case two were new one was old.

2) you will need: Starter relay, 18-24 inch 6 guage battery cable, (2) ring connectors for 10 guage wire, 8 guage would be better.

112295.jpg

3) Mount the starter relay to the front fan support as show.

112296.jpg

4) Remove the orange wire from the last glow plug and mount it to the relay's trigger contact.

5) Make a new 8 to 10 guage wire with two ring connectors, attach one end to the last glow pulg and the other to the relay's output. See picture above.

6) Attach your new battery cable from the positive battery post to the relay's input.

112297.jpg

No other wiring modifications are needed. Since the current draw through the coil will no longer make it glow you must count the seconds to leave on the glow plugs based on the chart under the hood. This was abnout $40 in parts and about 1 hour in time.

Latest posts

Back