• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Did I make a mistake?...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PACub100

IHCC Supporter
I recently sold my Craftsman and replaced it with a 1450 bought from abthomas. The Craftsman mowed beautiful. Smooth, tight turning and easy to maneuver.
The 1450 on the other hand, vibrates more, takes turns like you're pulling a trailer and doesn't have that "whirring" deck sound nor does it blow all the grass clippings out the discharge like you're vacuuming the lawn and blowing it out the other end.
BUT....but, I don't mow to impress or win any contests. My lawn looks great, it takes a little longer, the hydro on the dash is taking time to get used to, steering is going to cause me to develop Popeye arms, I need to prepare a little more earlier for high spots or obstacles and it uses a little bit (not much) more gas than the Craftsman.
At the end of the day I look at it this way... I had a 12 year old Craftsman that I managed to sell for $400 running good, but time is limited on it's use to the person who bought it. The 1450 on the other hand is 41 years old and still running strong. Sure I might have to tinker with it now and again but there's this awesome IHCC forum I joined to help me through it.
So in a nutshell, I don't mind the inconveniences. I have a cool tractor that can do much more than my Craftsman could ever do. And seeing as how I like to make sure that the money I work hard to get the most use from is being used for something that lasts, I believe this Cub will be like all the others on this forum... still doing it's thing long after the fancy newer riding mowers like my Craftsman are stripped and rotting away in some scrapyard.
Sorry for the long winded toot-my-horn, but I really like my Cubs...👍👍

I mow with with an1811 it’s mid 80s I have to work on it ever now and then but it’s a great mower! Has a 50” cut and stripes a lawn like a new zero turn. Every year my wife tries to get me to buy a new mower but...... that isn’t gonna happen. Stick with your cub it’s built to last unlike your craftsman you had.

Sounds like your new machine needs some attention. Engine mounts sound like they are shot, I bet the engine isn't turning 3600 RPM at full throttle, and the steering column needs rebuilding and adjustment, at a minimum.

What I meant was it vibrates more than the Craftsman did. It doesn't shake or anything, just not as smooth as the twin cylinder I've been used to. As far as steering, it's tight but being this is a heavier machine it takes more effort and the turning radius isn't as tight..😁

I have my '72 CC-108, a 1996 CC-1430, and a 2004 CC-RZT50.

The deck on the 1430 is TOAST! I've repaired it many times... just to get another season out of it.
I hate mowing with the RZT50... and it doesn't like my yard (1 only mow 1/2 acre- and I can be done in 12 minutes) The deck on this machine also will rust away in short order, but I'm fixing that now (sandblasting and POR-15).

I'm currently rebuilding my 108, and when it's done... it will be my MOWER and I will sell the others.

Like everyone said, the old cubs are tough. I've got to get mine going again, minor issue I haven't had time for. I did get a new XT 2 a couple of years ago and like it for 2 reasons. It's a lot faster and quieter than my old 100. BUT it's a lawn mower, the 100 is a tractor. My main reason I got it is I mow a 3.5 km path for walking our dogs over several properties. I was getting nervous the old girl might quit out there and I'd have to pull it back by hand. That's the thing about your 1450 too-it's more than a mower only

I have a 2072 with a plow snow blower and mowing deck love that thing

Every year my wife tries to get me to buy a new mower but...... that isn’t gonna happen. Stick with your cub it’s built to last unlike your craftsman you had.

That's what wife's do. Lol. I just ask her Do I get to buy a new mower every 5yrs for 6 -8 thousand or put a couple hundred into my Cubs every year. End of discussion.

Latest posts

Back