• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Deals

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the Quietlines were made to meet a federal mandate on sound levels in the mid 70's. So they didn't make them quiet...... only quiet enough to get the sign-off.....

That being said.... our 1450's are quieter than our 149's. But, I have not run one of our IH Cub Cadet tractors, or my Cub Cadet Zero-Turn without over the ear, hearing protection earmuffs in close to 40 years. I now have a set that is bluetooth and have tunes while I am working. I did till a buddies small garden, maybe 15x30 once, because I had forgotten my set on the other tractor, and after that ~30 minutes of WOT on my 1450, my ears rang for close to 24 hours...... never made that mistake again........

Scott,

I "hear you" on the noisy exhaust making your ears ring, but one thing I have noticed working in various print shops that require me to wear earplugs. My ears will ring all night after wearing ear plugs all day.

Jim,
Your ears will ring all night? Sounds like you may have the wrong style of ear plugs for you. If your ears ring, you are experiencing damage to your ears. This is the style that works best for me. If you can't find a set that works, you may wan to try ear muff style hearing protection.

DSCF0839.JPG

If I remember correctly the single axle is 3500 and the dual 7000, minus the trailer frame and body weight. My 6x10 single axle is 3500 - 900 lbs for the trailer, so 2600 lbs load on trailer

Single axle should be fine, since most narrow frame tractors weigh about 600 lbs. That allows an extra 200 lbs. for implements! :errrr:

Marty,
It's not unusual for a company to schedule us to come in during a shutdown period when nothing is running, but they still have a policy that requires us to wear earplugs, and even with no ambient noise in the building, my ears will ring after wearing earplugs all day. I assume it has to do with the ear canal being stretched or something.

To bring it back on topic, I hope someone gets a good deal tomorrow! I love the "look what followed me home" threads.

Jim,
Have you tried the "foam style plugs"? They are soft. You squish/roll them to a small diameter, and then place them in your ears. They kinda slowly swell up, sealing up the ear canal. I tried a pair of "skull screws" ear plugs once, and they started hurting immediately! Threw them suckers away.
Ear plugs are supposed to be comfortable, not hurt.
You could PM me, and give me your mailing address. I will send you several types that we have, to try for free. It's no fun going through the day with pain.
Going to look at that thread. Must have missed something.

That’s my kind of auction. Not much for sale around here either not that I need anymore tractors. I’m waiting on a 129 with a danco loader that’s pretty rough but the old guy still uses it a bit. I’m 1st on the list to buy it. I did get the wheel weights off of it that he had sitting on a box on the back of the tractor after I made him some replacement weight out of 2 inch plate. 11”x14”x2” blocks weigh about 90-100 a piece.

I know our cubs got a workout this past week!!
You are gonna love that little DanCo when you get it.
What model is it?
Mine is a RD2149 on a 149
Yours should be the same if it's on a 129 I would think, maybe an RD2129?
Tag should be on the inside of the LH upright, check it out next time you see it, I'm curious to know.
Try to find an 1864 or so and rob the front axle and PS from it.
You are gonna need/want those parts.

Attachments

• DSCN9584.JPG
    DSCN9584.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN9594.JPG
    DSCN9594.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN9595.JPG
    DSCN9595.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: