• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Deals

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220419_165101.jpg
local guy that flips them bought it looks like he's going to make a nice profit

Yes there is a unoriginal original that is sequential serial numbers to my 4 digit a couple of hours away and parts but all that’s original to the tractor is the chassis and transmission. I would like to have it but not sure yet.

Yes there is a unoriginal original that is sequential serial numbers to my 4 digit a couple of hours away and parts but all that’s original to the tractor is the chassis and transmission. I would like to have it but not sure yet.
Do you realize how rare that is to find one even remotely close, let alone sequential VIN? I see this as a once in a lifetime situation, and you should jump on it!

Interesting conversation, I have that 169 listed cheap on a few sites and not even a nibble.. It's not got much longer and it'll be scrapped.

The definition of cheap varies wildly. I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment of cheap, considering that your tractor requires an engine. Scrap value right now for a tractor of that weight is under $200. You're going to have to price it lower for guys to bite. They don't want a project for the cost of a running unit. Evidently, the market has spoken.

I'm glad I got off my duff and picked up some CC's before it was too late. Back when I bought, the local auction would have 3-5 every time, most pretty good shape.
Auction searches now, don't bring up much of anything

Dad went on for years about wanting a Cub Cadet, if I want it, I go and get it. That is how the 1450 got here, then they start coming easier. The 1650 was next and then the 149. The 1864 was last.
My neighbor gave me a snowblower that was in pieces. With the help of the wealth of manuals that came with the 1864, I was able to put it back together and functioning like it should. Just like hitting the lottery.
Only problem, snowblowers are only useful here every few years.

I had a few chances to get a cub with snowblower but didn't want them figuring it wouldn't work very good , one day a few years ago my friend said that would be the way to go for my large driveway as the 4 wheeler gets hot pushing 12 " of snow . A unit popped up for cheap so i grabbed it and love it.

The definition of cheap varies wildly. I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment of cheap, considering that your tractor requires an engine. Scrap value right now for a tractor of that weight is under $200. You're going to have to price it lower for guys to bite. They don't want a project for the cost of a running unit. Evidently, the market has spoken.

Thanks for the reply. You are right that it needs a motor. But a 169 with the wheel weights, tire chains, and a thrower included.. I'd say it was cheap! Heck I've even got a nice fender pan that'll go with it. If someone was at least curious enough, there would have been some conversation and then maybe negotiations..

Thanks for the reply. You are right that it needs a motor. But a 169 with the wheel weights, tire chains, and a thrower included.. I'd say it was cheap! Heck I've even got a nice fender pan that'll go with it. If someone was at least curious enough, there would have been some conversation and then maybe negotiations..
Seems strange to me, too, Mike. I know that times change - along with interests and health issues, but to an old fart like me who got immersed in the hobby years ago when it was more of a hobby than a business venture, it's confusing that there's seemingly little interest in a major part of IH Cub Cadet's history. I was happy enough to find the one that I had (with a broken conn rod) that I gave the guy more than he wanted for it! Had the resources (and strength) at the time to rebuild the engine - a story in itself. That was in the days of "The Old Forum" - you were there, too. :)

Back