• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Deals

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When selling, the seller should make it clear, FCFS. I wouldn't take the word of someone I've never met, whether buying or selling. Yes, times have changed, we have no choice but to change with them. Free ads on FB Market Place or Craigslist attract all kinds of personalities including scammers.
When they post the ad @ 9 pm and we agree on the sale . he gives me his address and tells me what time to pick it up in the am, then i change my plans for the day just to be told it has sold is B.S as far as im concerned.

When they post the ad @ 9 pm and we agree on the sale . he gives me his address and tells me what time to pick it up in the am, then i change my plans for the day just to be told it has sold is B.S as far as im concerned.
Yes.
I definitely would have called him some very not nice names. I would have a lot...

No deals in this corner of the country either. The dealership here normally starts with 7 trailer loads of Cubs for the season--Got almost one so far. Then I find an I1042 in Craigslist for $2650.00! I am not sure two of them would have been worth that new, but what do I know. Still working on the 129 I bought a year ago in Rubbermaid tubs, so nothing for me for a while, but no temptations out there now anyhow.

Same here too. I have messaged several people lately. One was within two hours of their post. So far, I haven't even been able to go look at any of them. Every one messaged me back at some point in time and said they were sold.
I usually don't contact anyone over 50 miles away, so it won't be hard to say no if I am not satisfied. ;)

Last Fall I found a Cyclone Rake Yard Vac on FB Marketplace, only about 30 miles away, messaged the seller several times, no response. The ad is still there. I don't understand. I've known sellers that complain that they advertised an item, got responses, made appointments to meet and no one shows up. Or the potential buyer shows up, does a lot of complaining, then low balls the seller. I sold a motorcycle once, and had several people show up wanting to "test ride" first. Only to bring the motorcycle back later and walk away without another word. I learned to say in the ad, "no joy rides show me the money first", then you get your test ride. There are two sides to the story when buying or selling. I wouldn't drive 3 hours for any good deal on a free ad.

Happened again today, I email a guy about a plow stating i would buy it , then asked when i could pick it up, Seller said anytime today or tomorrow and gave me the address. i said ok i will grab the cash and be on my way , then seller responds i have someone ( on the way )

20220417_192346.jpg
Missed this one by 20 min. 5 miles away.

Some quick searches on farcebook and craigslist come up dry for the desirable models around here.............................15 years ago was the prime time

Pictured are two separate deals: one single suitcase weight ($20), and one suitcase weight with bracket ($75).

7B9D4443-076A-4248-8615-D3D7561C18E3.jpeg

I drove three and four hours for them (not really, I picked them up en route to my customer) and they both went smoothly.

I now have three weights which will fill a bracket, and two brackets. I hope to adapt one bracket for the rear, and the other for the front.

I still don’t like these weights, but they do at least match each other...

Last edited:
I see so much good stuff sadly get parted out. In my opinion they usually sell a few parts and have a carcus left for the scrap yard, Hate to see that.
I hate that they chop them up and scrap them. I try and buy every single one I come across. That’s why I own 14 of them now and only 4 run at this time. Not all refurbished but in time.

Back