• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Deals

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be I missed the explanation of ags but yep that's what it is....I would admit to saying no to another one unless I find a hydro that will swap.The idea of holding pedal all the way down is not a great idea for a long run. Fatigue was not part of the engineering for sure...

There have been some absolutely fantastic deals as of late. The most notable was a non-running, but low hour 1984 882 diesel in State College, PA area in decent condition with a 50C deck that sold for only $400.... I just missed out on that one. It was a Craigslist find. This is the third cheap local diesel I was second in line for that I missed out on. The scabs got to it before I did...Hopefully it will not be parted out!

Unfortunately i havent seen anything less than 1 1/2 hours away to grab , Actually seems like it has been alot less deals as in years before. Maybe people are keeping there stuff and not buying new with the price increases ?

Even out here in Utah and Colorado the prices are high for most tractors if they will even sell them. There’s a few here in town that have been sitting there rotting away for years that the owners won’t even listen to a offer, very aggravating because in the end they will just junk them. I have a good member of the forum holding one up in Wyoming for me and at a good price as soon as I can go get it.

That's how I came into my 1450. Was set to go about 2 hours away to get a 1650 and the day before I was going, I messaged him to find out what time. He replied that it was already sold.
Yes, sucked, but in the end I bought this 1450 off Al (forum member) and I'm glad it worked that way.

FB Marketplace is good...but like anything else, has its drawbacks. I've learned to never take someone's word I've never met. Soooooo many people don't show up. Just like people selling that won't honor your word, there are many more buyers that break their's. I now give the original interested party a "heads up" and a week to look or buy. I also tell the second party that I'm giving the first one a week and then they have dibs.

Being spring, a lot of lawn equipment prices are going up. I'd imagine later in the summer, early fall, will see some better deals...

When selling, the seller should make it clear, FCFS. I wouldn't take the word of someone I've never met, whether buying or selling. Yes, times have changed, we have no choice but to change with them. Free ads on FB Market Place or Craigslist attract all kinds of personalities including scammers.

Been there had that happen
Wasted all day on a 400 mile round trip after confirming the details and the time agreed upon only to be informed by the guys daughter, after I had arrived and been waiting for the guy probably 45 minutes, that he had sold it the evening before, after we had talked on the phone.

Been there had that happen
Wasted all day on a 400 mile round trip after confirming the details and the time agreed upon only to be informed by the guys daughter, after I had arrived and been waiting for the guy probably 45 minutes, that he had sold it the evening before, after we had talked on the phone.
I'd probly wound up in jail over that! A simple text or call to let you know was all that was needed. I drove 7 hours one way to get my 1862, and was in contact with the seller about every hour "letting him know how we were traveling and making time" but I was more checking on him, than letting him know! Thankfully he was an honest fellow, which is becoming rare, unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back