• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dad’s 100

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farmall cub production began in 47' and from what I read, IH quit using the old IHC logo in 45'. But, I am almost sure what I read was talking about IH trucks. Maybe they continued using the old logo on IH tractor parts a few years longer.
Matt is right about the letter series tractor wheel weights. They are different from the cub weights. They looked more like this:

wheel weight.jpg

So much for staring at the 100’s shiny new paint. After 5 years of having it torn apart, I put it back to work pulling the ripper to level out an old fence row to sow some grass. It felt good to get back in the seat.

I then used the 129 and power angle blade to smooth it all out and push the extra dirt into piles so I could haul it off with the loader on the Kubota.
F9E789D8-D972-4E9A-BB95-275DDB343F9D.jpeg
63D579CA-64BB-4238-8718-7BC904E12923.jpeg
8C459B22-E36F-47A1-BCBA-B96464DBDC23.jpeg

Great work IHinIN on your beautiful IH Cub Cadet 100. You have a good-looking team of working tractors!

IHinIN, where did you obtain the new black seat cushion/pad for your IH Cub Cadet 100?

Thank you awoloch.
I picked up the seat cover at a tractor show a few weeks ago. It seems to be the exact same cover as the one I bought at TSC several years ago. My 100 doesn’t have the original pan seat which I believe is smaller than this seat. My seat is the optional cushion seat that was offered back in the day. My plan is to eventually have the seat recovered and do away with the slip on cover.
38AAB6B9-2B49-4EBB-936E-D07987CD60FC.jpeg
9BC96A65-2D5F-4BAD-A0FC-47FFA1073E56.jpeg

Thank you awoloch.
I picked up the seat cover at a tractor show a few weeks ago. It seems to be the exact same cover as the one I bought at TSC several years ago. My 100 doesn’t have the original pan seat which I believe is smaller than this seat. My seat is the optional cushion seat that was offered back in the day. My plan is to eventually have the seat recovered and do away with the slip on cover.
View attachment 140107View attachment 140108

That's Art Aytay's 100 with the Deluxe Seat. He had it reupholstered. I believe that's my Original next to it. Art's "Plow Special" is at the back of the trailer.

IHinIN, thank you for your comments and photos. I did not know the original pan seat for my IH Cub Cadet 100 could be padded.

I have a model 70 and would like to purchase a cushion/ cover for it. Do you have to measure across it to determine the correct size?
Thanks

CC Specialties sells a really nice seat cushion for the pan seat. There are others out there but you have to be aware as some are really cheap and in my opinion not worth it. I had a cheap one on my Original for a short while but ended up getting a better one once I saw a good one. The foam was thinner and too soft, the yellow was way off in color and it looked loose and sloppy. The better one like CC Specialties sells is the correct color yellow, has a nice amount of slightly firmer foam and just looks far better, and has a nice piping detail along the outer seam. Here's a photo of my Original with the cheap cover (installed) and Art Aytay's Original with the quality cover setting loose on the pan seat. This was taken at Red Power Roundup back in 2009 and we had the seat cushions off while trailering them. Art just tossed his cover on to drive it off of the trailer and I snapped the photo before he had it actually installed. It was after seeing the nice cushion that Art had that I realized how cheap mine was.

Seats.jpg

Here's my Original with the good cushion installed.

Cushion_01.jpg

Thank you awoloch.
View attachment 140107View attachment 140108

As I suspected, that is my Original next to Art's 100. Here's a view of Art's trailer with his 100, my Original and his Plow Special. This was just before we went to Red Power Round Up in 2009 and he removed the deluxe seat from his 100 and the seat cushions from the pan seat for the road trip.

Trailer_01.jpg

Thank you for the information and especially the photos. I am getting things in line. Disassembling the unit in my profile picture and to prepping for, primer and painting. I have never been disappointed by what Charlie offers at CC Specialties.

front weights of a cub were used for rear weights on a cub cadet if I remember right.
The letter series weights were different. These weights fit the front of a Farmall Cub or the rear of a Cub Cadet. In 1947 the Farmall Cub still used the IH logo with a C around it for the ammeter face. I am assuming the front weights would have been the same for the early Farmall Cubs in 47 with that same logo.

Just FYI, please refer to the photos from my model 70, early 1963 era rear wheel weights. You can actually see the part numbers.

Attachments

• 471260D1-BE98-474A-A01D-DF6BA3437C6E.jpeg
    471260D1-BE98-474A-A01D-DF6BA3437C6E.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 148
  • B96F3146-D75B-4549-BF98-A6C787AFEEA0.jpeg
    B96F3146-D75B-4549-BF98-A6C787AFEEA0.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 133
Thank you Kurt for sharing your comments and photos. Is it correct to assume that your Model 70 wheel weights shown above would also fit the rear wheels of a Model 100 (circa 1964) Cub Cadet?

My best guess is yes. However I suggest you take the part number seen in the photo and cross reference to the parts list for your Modal 10. Also you might want to cross reference with one of sponsors at the top such as CC Specialties.

Back