• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dad’s 100

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful work! I hope mine comes out half as good. What are you guys doing to protect the edge of the hood when you open it? Every hood I've seen gets damaged where it rests against the grille housing in the open position. Most of them contact the steering wheel when opening, too. I'd hate to see a scratch on that beautiful hood.

I will probably have to dissemble to repair the springs and throw out bearing and thought about prepping and painting at that point. One question, what paint was used on the engine taking in consideration the heat factor?
Thanks

I don't believe that anything special was done when painting the engines, except not painting the head. The paint will quickly burn off around the exhaust port and other hot areas of the cylinder.

Somewhere years ago I saw a picture of CC's being painted on an assembly line. Nearly the entire tractor was hung up and painted. That's why nearly everything is painted yellow. I wonder if they pre-painted components before assembly, though, as I've never seen any bare metal taking one apart except sealed units like the engine and transmission.

I thought about these when writing up my post above but didn't post them, seeing that John mentioned them, I figured I better post them.

1482.jpg

1483.jpg

5998.jpg

5999.jpg

A folded towel between the hood and grill casting is what Dan Hofler used at tractor shows to protect the paint.

Hey Kraig - where is the pic of the guy spraying all the hanging CC frames that shows an almost cloud of paint and I think there was even a river of paint on the floor.

These historical pictures are fascinating and is there not a place on the forum where such an archive could be preserved and added to as more emerge, open to he who wants to take a wander down memory lane, I dont mean our own favorite pic of our pet tractor pics, but historical records like these which speak volumes....
Really appreciate the posting of these, there must be more and it would be a shame not to have a repository... please!

(much like Digger and others succinctly redirects us to parts catalogs or installation instructions, the pics could be categorized for prosperity)

Gordon, that's a great idea.
IH_Thumbs_UP_WHITE.gif

I will have to dig through my archives and round up all the old IH photos that I have and start a thread to post them in. I can make it a "sticky" to keep it at the top of the forum page.

I love seeing the old black and white photos from the past.

Today, I picked up another set of wheel weights to mount on the back of the wheels and a new seat cover since mine has a hole in it.

Kraig - no that's not it. There is a pic of CC's, they might even be Originals, going down the line all hanging and being sprayed. Hopefully you can find it. Not sure where it originally came from.

Kraig - no that's not it. There is a pic of CC's, they might even be Originals, going down the line all hanging and being sprayed. Hopefully you can find it. Not sure where it originally came from.

Hydro, is this the photo you were thinking of? It wasn't in my archive of posted photos. I had to go digging on the internet to find it.

CC Paint Line.jpg

(Edit: Well, it is in my archive, it's just that the version in my archive was a cropped version that I posted in post # 65...)

Beautiful! Do IH parts numbers or some other identifier appear somewhere on your wheel weights? It will help me obtain the correct fitting & correct period ones for my October 1964 Cub Cadet 100.

Latest posts

Back