• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dad’s 100

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig - Oh Great One, Keeper of the Photos - just saw that last pic you posted on Sunday. That's one of the photos. Is that a river of paint on the floor in front of the boards where the guy is walking???? I'm pretty certain there is another photo taken more from the side and you can see a big plume of paint in the air (course my memory could be shady).

Anthony - yes most if not all of the IH wheel weighs have a fairly large "L" stamped on them, and most of the time you can see a part number (although I don't have the number just off hand). Most will also have a small "IH" stamped on them, and some of the oldest ones (at least oldest I've seen) will have an "IHC" logo stamped on them - it's the old style logo that had the IH and a large C over it. I have no idea for the time periods of each. If I were you I'd be on the look out for those stamped with the IHC. Also, be leary of any that don't have any IH stamping (there are some knock-offs out there).

One of my weights also has a couple of raised pads with numbers and letters. The other 3 don’t. I didn’t notice them until I stripped away the several layers of paint.
75F53CCA-0712-49A0-83A5-30624AA4676C.png
61802CBF-59F9-403B-BB4D-1D09F1731ABA.jpeg
97D7C946-FD3E-44DF-BA46-38245F81CC7D.png

Thank you hydroharry and IHinIN for your excellent replies and photos about vintage IH Cub Cadet wheel weights. Much appreciated!

Page 25 Section R of my TC-113 Cub Cadet Tractors (Serial Nos. 400,000 and below) International Parts Catalog (issued 10/1977) says:

PART NUMBER 351 371 R1 WEIGHT, REAR WHEEL - APPROX 26 LBS -
- 2 FOR FIRST POSITION -
PART NUMBER 15 286 R1 BOLT, 1/2-13 x 5 1/4 CRG - 4 -
PART NUMBER 102 637 NUT, 1/2 - 13 HEX - 4 -
PART NUMBER 103 323 WASHER, 1/2 MED LOCK - 4 -

PART NUMBER 351 371 R1 WEIGHT, REAR WHEELS - APPROX 26 LBS
- 2 FOR SECOND POSITION -
PART NUMBER 15 353 R1 BOLT, 1/2 - 13 x 7 CRG - 4 -
PART NUMBER 102 637 NUT, 1/2 - 13 HEX - 4 -
PART NUMBER 103 323 WASHER, 1/2 MED LOCK - 4 -

[Next to the wheel weight illustration on the same page is: A-62600]

Anthony - I was hoping someone would post the part numbers stamped on one of their wheel weights. It could very well be 351371R1. You can't really see the number in IHinIN's photo.

Yes, I'm interested in seeing such photos too. I also wonder what does the "L" stands for. Louisville [Kentucky]?

Anthony, that sounds very plausible that the "L" means Louisville.

Thank you very much Kraig for your comment and photo!

Marty - that IH stamp sure looks like the old style IHC logo that has the letter C wrapped around the IH.

Thank you Marty Gwin and hydroharry for your photos and comments!

Looks like IH Part Number 351 371 R1 (with the "L" and old style IHC logo) identifies the correct wheel weights for my October 1964 IH Cub Cadet 100.

Great educational discussion!

Anthony - I was just reviewing some info on the IH and IHC logo and I need to change my previous recommendation.

IH had a large C wrapped around the IH until 1945. That's when IH started to use just the IH combined in a single image as a single large I over the H, which became known as now famous "Man on Tractor". In 1973 IH made some minor stylized changes to the cross bar of the H but it was still the "Man on Tractor".

So, if you want correct wheel weights for a 1964 model 100 I'd suggest finding them with the "Man on Tractor" IH stamping like shown in the pic above by IHinIN.

Harry,
You are right, it is. After reading your last post; Dang, I did not know it was that old!
These weights were on the four digit O that I bought in Tenn.

Anthony,
This is an older wheel weight than the ones posted above. Look closely and you can see the part number is a different font. Note the old IH emblem instead of the newer IH posted on the weight IHinIN posted.
Also, notice there is no L on this weight, but a square inside a circle. Not sure what that represents.
The older cadet wheel weights were painted yellow, and the newer weights were painted white.

Last edited:
Harry,
Got to looking, and found out they made the Farmall Cub from 1947 to 1979. If this is true, what did they put these wheel weights on before the cub?
Wasn't a 100. You mean they only made a Farmall 100 for three years?! (1954-56)

Last edited:
Awesome research and comments on IH history. Thank you hydroharry, Marty Gwin, Kraig McConaughey, and IHinIN for pointing me in the right direction!

Interesting that the same part number "351 371 R1" is marked on these different-era wheel weights shown by IHinIN (relatively newer wheel weight painted white with "IH Man-On-Tractor" logo and "L" mark) and Marty Gwin (relatively older wheel weight painted yellow with different font for same part number and older IH emblem). IH's engineering, manufacturing, and marketing seemed to be all right with maintaining the same part number through the years. Would you say these different-era wheel weights are physically interchangeable without modification? Makes $s and sense.

On my substantially unrestored October 1964 IH Cub Cadet 100, the front grill panel (no headlights), dashboard, steering wheel cap, and seat support spring all display the "IH Man-On-Tractor" logo. After 33 years of ownership, I understand and appreciate this logo much better now - thanks to all of you.

Marty, I was also wondering about the meaning of the "square-inside-the-circle" mark on your relatively older wheel weight. Perhaps another manufacturing plant?

Photos of IH Man-On-Tractor logos on my October 1964 IH Cub Cadet 100.

Attachments

• IMG_2874.JPG
    IMG_2874.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2880.JPG
    IMG_2880.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2869.JPG
    IMG_2869.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 156
I thought that these weights were front wheel weights for the letter series tractors
before the cub cadets.

Back