• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cyclops attachment question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmhill

displayname
John Hill
I picked up this 2182 today. The cyclops hood, grille, and panels are mostly intact, but do have some cracks and small breaks here and there. I don't want to mess with the plastic, so I'm going to modify the hood and grille from an 1811. I won't have side panels but I think it will look good. This is just an initial mock up. I'll have to space out the muffler as well. Question: what's the difference in the lift on these vs. the 72 series super Cubs? I was under the impression that the cyclops supers took all the same attachments as the older supers, but this one doesn't have a lift arm on the right side like my 1872 does. I want to use my 450 blower on this machine. The Cub parts catalog shows the 450 as an attachment for the 2182. Any ideas?

301295.jpg

If you'll click the parts look up button above and enter in 2182 for the model number, then click Select assembly, then attachments, it will show you everything that fits it without modification and how and what it takes to hook them up.
thumbsup_old.gif

John,

Supers push off the bottom of the rockshaft to lift front implements, they don't pull with a lift rod like the standard GT's. Cub Cadet changed the depth stop design on the cyclops and no longer needed the dial on the side with the cam like the 1872.

Good luck with that hood, I started that project....

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/22774/266183.html?1423934138

...on a 2182 and ended up swapping over the pedestal as well. It would be easier to do with no radiator to worry about. Hyd. valve conversion is the worst part, but doable.......and then you can run side sheets too. It will take some fab work though....

Yep, like Steve said. I looked at both my Super frames (a 2072 and a cyclops) and both have the lift lug on the bottom of the rock shaft. It's under the right side foot step.

He's also right that they push to lift. It's actually a terrible design as it puts a huge amount of pressure on the QA. I actually just switched my std. 54" plow to fit the supper. I made a completely new QA from a mule drive and had to move the plow lift bracket to under the plow.

Point being, if your 450 fits and lifts on a regular cub, it won't work on the super.

Nic, not quite true....to get a 450 to lift on a normal GT you had to add the lower bracket to convert it to push lift.......450's are push lift only, even if installed on a 782 or 1650.

(Who would want one without power steering anyway?????)

I have used my 450 on my 1512 and yes hate the lift system. The over centre problem is scary to bend up everything . I have the 450 ready to mount and also have the single stage ready also. which one do you guys think would be less problems using and move snow . Thanks

I'm going to leave the dash tower intact. I don't want to make this into a major project. I can cut the hood and it'll be fine. I won't have side panels but I think it's gonna look good. Besides, if I put side panels on I'd have to worry about vents for air. I'll probably cut the hood and maybe the firewall piece as well to make it fit.

Latest posts

Back