• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cyclopes engine i d

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct, but in its condition ( rough ) and having a 18 hp air cleaner and the sticker is not readable , so i was hoping of a metal tag or numbers on it to tell 4 sure what it is ,that i have not found.

The only difference between the CH18 and CH20 is a throttle stop screw on the CH18. Remove that, and it's a 20. Went through the parts lookup and couldn't find any other relevant differences.

The larger engines have some other differences, i.e. carb with accelerator pump if it is a 22 hp. Pretty hard for any of us to tell what it is or isn't with no pictures...

20210409_093615.jpg

No oil cooler or accelerator pump on the carb, so it is an 18 or 20, most likely. The only difference that I could find between those two is the thottle stop screw on the carb if it is an 18. Remove that and it is 20.

Amazingly got it running, The rear diff oil is white, so im gonna drain it out, is the power steering oil tied into the rear and if so how do i drain that box at the bottom of the steering column ?

The power steering is run off the charge pump on the hydro unit, so same oil. There is basically no volume of oil in it to drain in the steering sector. Change the trans oil, clean out the inside of the transaxle, change the filter, and it should be fine.

Back