• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beltrack

Couldn’t find an appropriate place for this question, but since this forum is a college of knowledge, I’ll try it here.

IH made a square hood Cub that was painted red as opposed to the yellow/white scheme. What year(s) where they produced?

I’ve also seen reference to a red/white scheme. Same question.

Thanks in advance.

John in Maine

I assume you are thinking of the various small tractors like the International Cub and the Lo-Boy 154 and Lo-Boy 184? If so I can move the thread to the appropriate area.

farmall cub 1.jpg
Lo-Boy154_DataSheet_01.jpg
LoBoy 1.jpg

The Yellow and White Cub Lo-Boy 154 was produced from 1968 until 1974. The Yellow and White Cub Lo-Boy 185 was produced from 1974 until 1976. Note, the 185 had a white grill frame where the 154 had a yellow grill frame, not sure of much other differences between them. The Red and White Cub Lo-Boy 184 was produced from 1977 until 1980.

For instance- - this 1977 red cub (square hood). Was this an order option or a limited run or what?

Attachments

• CB35CAD0-D25E-41EE-AC69-099DE7170458.jpeg
    CB35CAD0-D25E-41EE-AC69-099DE7170458.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 177
In doing a quick bit of research, it seems that there is some speculation that they could be ordered in red. There's also some indication that IH switched back to red in 1979 for the last year of production. I need to dig out my books on the Cub. Ken Updike has written quite a few books on IH tractors, I have a few of them, he usually has good info.

Back