Quantcast
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Cub?

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Beltrack

Couldn’t find an appropriate place for this question, but since this forum is a college of knowledge, I’ll try it here.

IH made a square hood Cub that was painted red as opposed to the yellow/white scheme. What year(s) where they produced?

I’ve also seen reference to a red/white scheme. Same question.

Thanks in advance.

John in Maine

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
I assume you are thinking of the various small tractors like the International Cub and the Lo-Boy 154 and Lo-Boy 184? If so I can move the thread to the appropriate area.

farmall cub 1.jpg
Lo-Boy154_DataSheet_01.jpg
LoBoy 1.jpg

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
The Yellow and White Cub Lo-Boy 154 was produced from 1968 until 1974. The Yellow and White Cub Lo-Boy 185 was produced from 1974 until 1976. Note, the 185 had a white grill frame where the 154 had a yellow grill frame, not sure of much other differences between them. The Red and White Cub Lo-Boy 184 was produced from 1977 until 1980.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
In doing a quick bit of research, it seems that there is some speculation that they could be ordered in red. There's also some indication that IH switched back to red in 1979 for the last year of production. I need to dig out my books on the Cub. Ken Updike has written quite a few books on IH tractors, I have a few of them, he usually has good info.

Latest posts