• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub with 13 hp Koehler

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Zook

My son has a 2004 cub cadet with 426 cc 2KHSX ,13 h.p. Koehler, (spec. # 45509 ) and still runs ( drove back to shed, then loaded on trailer, ran off trailer and ran like 10 minutes after unloading)but has noisy sound that makes me think it could possibly be like a head gasket leak, but resembles a exhaust leak noise, like under compression? Ran a compression check at like 85 lbs. cold and dry. and 90 lbs, with wet and cold. Will run compression test again to be certain and remove air filter & be sure throttle is wide open when checking. Assume this engine has hydraulic lifters? Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated. Thank You in advance for any help. CDZ

Back