• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Tiller and gearbox with all linkage

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Harry well I got everything unloaded from the truck today I took pictures and I am going to see if you can identify what these fenders there are also some seat attachments I believe I also have a really nice Hood which I believe is for a 105 cub
I would like to get about $75 for this Hood also there is the old Cub rear end and transmission I have no idea what year at those are from I know the axle housings are round instead of hexagon like on the model 100 I have maybe you can tell me what it is and Harry after I get some of this other stuff done I'm a clean up the gearbox and pulleys and the other stuff for that tiller and paint it if it'll bring a little more money I might do that it's raining way there you go I will enclose these pictures now thanks Harry.
Oh I forgot that rear end has a much bigger tow hitch plate that someone added to the original pitch on it

Attachments

• 20200908_142751.jpg
    20200908_142751.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 377
  • 20200908_134216.jpg
    20200908_134216.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 342
  • 20200908_142856.jpg
    20200908_142856.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 357
  • 20200908_142919.jpg
    20200908_142919.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 345
  • 20200908_143002.jpg
    20200908_143002.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 20200908_135924.jpg
    20200908_135924.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 363
  • 20200908_143045.jpg
    20200908_143045.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 20200908_145147.jpg
    20200908_145147.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 362
  • 20200908_145217.jpg
    20200908_145217.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 20200908_135958.jpg
    20200908_135958.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 337
Well Thomas - I really wish you'd direct your questions to everyone, or at least some others would chime in here. Your post is actually under the For Sale thread and probably should be in the general Forum section so you get responses.

I was just giving you some details on your tiller post based on what I could tell from your info and my experiences. I don't think I'd go thru painting it up unless you really have the time. I would probably clean up the pulleys and some of the gearbox itself. As I recall you never actually used the tiller you just seem to know it should work well, so that really makes it an "as is" sale. At this point I'd suggest deciding what price you want to sell the tiller with gear box assembly and rear lift and put that in a post. You could ask Kraig if he can move the other posts to a new thread in the general Forum so you can get info from others. I'm a well known member but don't have the knowledge that many others have, especially on the early models.

Now, about the other pics you posted and your info:

I think your single round fender is for a model 70 or 100, or 71, 72 or 73. I don't think it's for an Original - but someone else will have to view it and tell for certain. Typically it's pretty hard to sell a single fender by itself.

The rearend with the round axle housings is for an Original Cub Cadet. Here's a link to the Forum FAQ that shows where to find the serial number stamping on an Original.
http://cubfaq.com/serialnumbers.htmlMake sure you clean up the area really good so you can see all the numbers. If it happens to be a 3-digit serial number it could be worth some money. If it's a 4-digit someone might want it. If it has 5 digits, well, I don't know what value it may have.

I believe the hood in your pic is from a model 72, 104 or 124. It's not from a 105 or 125 because it doesn't say Hydrostatic towards the rear section of the decals. I see some rust in the areas of the hinge bushings (which is typical) but I can't tell the condition of the actual bushings. Even if it were in really great condition, which I don't think it is, I'm pretty certain you'd be hard pressed to get $75.

The square fenders and mounting frame are a very low demand item and a pretty hard sell.

Overall I hope this info helps you.

(Under Edit - made some changes above Thomas so please review again).

Last edited:
Okay thanks Harry I did try at one point to notify everybody I just put in there to anyone who wants to answer and it rejected that and I don't know how to do that I'm still learning so I will try this to the next time but I thank you so much Harry and you take care and I'm sure I'll talk to you again sometime

Thomas - I made some changes to my post above at the same time you posted your response. Please re-review my last post.

That's a great deal for someone. PA prices kill me, everything is so much cheaper there and I can't believe this didn't sell yet. Fastenal would probably ship that for $100-$150.

Tried to call,got dropped by busy signal. I work night shift and I have had enough of today. I am going to bed now. I will call you after bit. I would love to give your tiller a new home. Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to talking later.

I do still have it but there is a guy in Ohio that wants it and he he said he's going to come and get it but he has been sick but he's going to have to come get it pretty soon I don't know if not I'll let you know if you still interested

Hey Thomas, do you still have this setup? I know its been a few months, was just wondering if you still had the tiller, and if you would be interested in selling the tractor with the tiller also? Let me know, thanks!

I do still have it but the other guy still wants it he just hasn't been able to get here and get it he's had some health problems and someone run into his trailer and smashed it to I guess and I told him there was no hurry why don't you just keep checking back with me and yes I will sell the tractor I will sell some I have other thing also

Thomas - geez, I can't hardly believe you've still got the tiller. I can understand waiting a few months for a guy but.... , it's now been almost 6 months since you initially posted it. I would hope you at least got a deposit, like half, and an agreement for how long you'll hold it. I'd suggest if you still have it in the Spring the price goes UP!!! That's prime tiller time and it's a hot commodity then.

Back