• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Tiller and gearbox with all linkage

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomas - I couldn't find any pics of your tiller and gearbox. Your original price of $250 seemed to me to be about an average price for a good complete tiller with the gearbox which I assume includes the mounting assembly with good pulleys. If you have the long belt it's even better. I can tell you the best time to sell a tiller is spring when everyone wants one. I've never seen or heard of a complete tiller selling for $100 - but if you want to get rid of it I suspect it will be gone very quickly at that price.

Thanks Harry for your reply I had some pictures posted at one time I think they're still in my mail list but I will attach more so you can look at this again there is no pulley cover on the top there was missing I straightened the bent corner on the bottom flap I do have the belt but it looks like it got caught it was not on when I got the machine but it was there. So anyway maybe I'll I will last 200 in the spring
Let me know if you think it's worth that much Harry I have the gearbox and the linkage in the garage in a pile in the corner if you require picture I will take it and at it later thanks very appreciate it

Attachments

• 20200813_111255.jpg
    20200813_111255.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 413
  • 20200524_171644.jpg
    20200524_171644.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 411
  • 20200516_124816.jpg
    20200516_124816.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 421
  • 20200516_124845.jpg
    20200516_124845.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 439
  • 20200524_171546.jpg
    20200524_171546.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 408
Thomas - yes I'd suggest you add pics of the gearbox and linkage. I assume when you say linkage you must mean a front mule drive assembly. I also assume the gearbox is attached to the mount assembly.
Since you posted the pics I can now see your tiller is probably a Model No. 1 or 1A. When you post pics of the gearbox, etc. I'll get a better idea of the value, but for what it's worth I have seen gearboxes sell on their own for $100-150. It's extremely hard to find them separate from the tiller - and a tiller that doesn't have a gearbox assembly is extremely hard to sell.

okay Harry I will get that stuff out tomorrow and lay it out and take a couple pictures and the mule Drive as far as I can tell on this tractor is just the two front pulleys down underneath where the belt turns and goes back

the linkage I have is everything in the back which is the gearbox the mount for the gearbox which I will show you tomorrow. And also I'm going to show you some other pictures Harry is that
I went after today some parts there is one round fender and 2
flat fenders and I rear end and transmission which I do not know what it is for maybe you can help me identify those thanks Harry I'll talk to you tomorrow

I'm sorry I cannot ship this I am not able to lift things as my right arm and hand is about useless to me I live alone also I wouldn't have any idea who to get to haul this thing to you

Hello Harry as I said I would enclose some pictures today of the gearbox, bracket and the linkage that I have that came on this Tiller and I should say the gearbox turns really nice can't feel any grit and grinding it is good and smooth I think there was a short chain that ran from the top to the tiller I think it's still attached to the tiller this is what set the tiller depth the fenders I was telling you about and the old cub rear end and transmission are still on the back of my truck it is teeming down rain here today and I am not going to go out there in the Rain to take pictures I will send them later I'm also going to enclose a picture of my 1811 cub Cadet that I bought brand new I love this tractor I think I will have it put in my will they can bury it with me haha.

Yes I am losing it Harry I forgot to enclose the pictures

Attachments

• 20200907_121348.jpg
    20200907_121348.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 20200907_121217.jpg
    20200907_121217.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 20200907_121015.jpg
    20200907_121015.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 367
  • 20200907_121053_001.jpg
    20200907_121053_001.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 378
If I didn’t already have one I’d be on my way. Less than 100 miles for me. Looks like everything is there.

Thomas - well your tiller gearbox assembly looks pretty complete. The rust is bothersome but probably doesn't affect the operation. Can't really see the 2 pulleys well. Sometimes the lower one is chipped since it can get hit with rocks or other things on the ground.
Now - here's a real plus - when you say linkage I think what you really mean is the 3 point hitch. Your pics show a narrow frame 3-point hitch that is necessary to raise/lower the tiller. You are missing one piece. It's a small block that attaches the front of that long bar to the manual lift arm on the tractor. I just call it the lift locking block. It's probably still on your tractor (and can be a real PIA to remove if the cotter pin that holds it is twisted and you can't get at it). Here's a pic of the block I'm referring to (stole the pic from Charlie's website).
NF 3pt block.jpg

(And by the way the 3 point hitch for a narrow frame tractor usually sell for around $75 complete - you are missing the block I mentioned above AND there is a lower bracket when you don't have the tiller gear box bracket. The lower bracket is considered the lower 2 points of the 3 points)

Okay Harry I was not aware of this block but this linkage that you're talking about that runs up to the front was on the lift handle for the mower deck someone had put a bolt through this into the slot and the lower part of this handle and I didn't think that was correct but that block that you're showing me is not on this tractor but believe it or not this thing worked the way it was and yes I could have cleaned this thing up and painted it I didn't figure I'd get a whole lot more out of it that way and you're right that doesn't make it work any better and the other pulley is very good also neither one of them are chipped I guess I could have taken another picture but I wouldn't lie to you the pulley is is fine

Ok Thomas, I understand what you're saying. Basically you have a fairly complete tiller with the gearbox assembly and the narrow frame 3-pt hitch to go with it. It should be an easy sale in the Spring for around $200 if that's the price you finally decide. At one point you said $100 and someone would get a steal at that price. Your area of the country tends to have lower prices than many of the rest (I think mostly because of the hardy PA rust).
Good luck with your sale.
Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
They just find another resting place

Latest posts

Back