• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub lo boys ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The LoBoy's weak link is the clutch and attaching parts....the hub at the transmission is known to work loose wallowing out the spirol(roll) pin hole in the transmission input shaft....
On the 154s that I've owned, they were geared wrong for my yard.....2nd gear was too slow to be efficient and 3rd was too fast to be safe coming and get a good cut....
The LoBoys really be needed a hydro transmission or at least the optional creeper (Hi-Lo) unit....
Never had an engine problem with any LoBoy that I've owned...
If I ever acquire another, it will be a 184 with a real starter and electric PTO clutch

I recently purchased a garden trailer from somebody who had a Lo-Boy that he said he uses all the time, and he said it was a hydrostatic. Looking at tractordata.com there is only a manual/gear transmission. I'm guessing the owner was just mistaken, he didn't seem super mechanically inclined.

The red ones were better.
just my opinion

Attachments

• 97802A21-DF45-4116-B8EA-0906B9381397.jpeg
    97802A21-DF45-4116-B8EA-0906B9381397.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 239
Back