• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tractor Wanted Cub Diesel

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Richards

displayname
Dave
I am looking to get my hands on a Cub Cadet diesel. The exact model doesn't matter, but one with a 60 inch mower would be ideal.

I am located in Pennsylvania. Thanks for any info or leads in advance.

If you are seeking a Garden Tractor with a 190-374-100 60" deck (Haban), a Diesel Super Cub such as models 1572, 1772, 1782 built from 1987-1996 would be your options.

Thanks for the info. Yeah finding one of those models seems to be like finding a needle in the haystack here in the north east.

There seems to be a pretty decent volume of vintage Cubs in PA/NY, so you are in one of the best locations for the machines you are seeking. They do pop up from time to time.

I am seeking a 882 cub cadet diesel, found one online and emailed twice with no response. I do check this site time to time. Most of the ones I have seen have been in New York area. I had an 882 years ago and wished I kept it.

I am seeking a 882 cub cadet diesel, found one online and emailed twice with no response. I do check this site time to time. Most of the ones I have seen have been in New York area. I had an 882 years ago and wished I kept it.

I have seen a few also. Either no reply or long been sold with an old ad still up.

Good luck guys. I have been watching CL and other classifieds here in St. Louis for 20 years. The first diesel I have seen around here came up last summer, an 882D. It was listed soon after I had already bought my 782 (gas)...figures, right?

That's what I figured will happen. My wife keeps telling me to just go buy a Kubota but where is the fun in that with a payment. I want some vintage iron to work ok, hopefully not too much though.

Just curious with diesel prices higher than gas what's the attraction to a diesel mower ?

The diesels use less fuel, especially compared to the Magnum twins. To me they are a very neat little part of Cub Cadet history and are different.

Just curious with diesel prices higher than gas whats the attraction to a diesel mower ?

They are more fuel efficient as mentioned above for sure. They are also particularly interesting to me as I grew up with many different Cub tractors in my family throughout the years but was never able to get a diesel one. I am in a position now where I would love to get one, give it some TLC and put it to light work.

Personally, if I were in the market for a Super Cub Diesel, I would go with the 1772 because it uses the Kubota D640 with a slightly higher output than the 1572's D600. In the 82 series diesels, the radiator is properly mounted at the grille area, NOT at the dash area like the Cyclops. Of course, the styling of the 82 series is far more pleasing to me, and no plastic nose.

With that said, I have no use for a super sized Cub, but do want a "normal sized" 782D or 1512 to play with.

Keep looking they are out there. I sold mine in 3 days on CL.. Buyer drove $300 miles to get it. It was the 1512.

When dealing with vintage Cubs, associated costs should not be a sole deciding factor. Since the diesels command double to triple the asking prices of their gasoline powered counterparts right off the bat, fuel prices are not even a consideration. It's the cool factor that does it for me.

Diesels all the way Cub Cadet 782d Cub Cadet 1782 d Kubota B7000 diesel Kubota B7100 diesel

I am still trying to find my first. But, they are very interesting to me for sure. Maybe you want to part with one of yours haha. :)

St. Louis CL just got a 2182 listed. Price is low enough you should consider a trip west.

Back