• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tractor Wanted Cub Diesel

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with these guys as well if your worried about the time it's been listed fist thing I see is paint sells and there is no paint to sell. The machine has a fair life it's not beat in the ground but it wasn't a garage queen either and thats ok. If its mechanically sound and been taken care of I think it's a fair price diesels and kubota gas are not nearly as common as normal air cooled nor are the supers. All small kubota diesels start hard even new they all need to be glow plugged that's not a big deal and parts for the kubota are easier to get then parts for the cub side of things. For instance the dash and hood for a cyclops will be near impossible to replace new, unless you already know where to get it and it will be expensive. So what is your end game? To have a reliable tractor? Shinny paint? Like new? That's what you need to decide. The smallest tractor I know of now that you can get a diesel in is a deer 700x size that is standard 4x4 and costs 15k to start with not to mention you can't even find one thanks to the plandemic, like everything else. Also consider that 2500 at the local big box doesn't even buy you a 60in deck or a machine nearly as tough or diesel or have snowblower, that's a 1200 add on. Two things I'll note a diesel will sip fuel almost 2 to 1 compared to Kohler gas or kubota gas quick numbers for the new stuff is 1.2g/hr diesel and 1.7 to 1.9g/hr for gas. Example I mow 4 aces did with the old 2082 I had, it took 4.5 gal to mow with a 60", now I mow with ventrac kubota diesel and 72" deck only use 2.5 gal diesel. And with gas the way it is thats nice. So can you live with the dash not being mint? And can you put a little tlc in to the paint job and replace some wear parts if they need it (ie bearings)? Then I'd buy it. If I was in the market and saw that package at 2500 I'd already have bought it. And one last thing I've had an item sit on fb market for 1.5 years waiting for the right person to see it.

I do not know about anyone else but have found a diesel will cost you approx half of what you pay for the machine used. 1782 the front axle if not adjusted properly and run hard will break the stops where the small tension bolts ride on to keep it from wanting to turn with the power steering. A better Center pin and mount would have prevented that. Then the trans front mounts are usually broken a good set of steel adapters and bolts will repair that to the point you do not need the front mounts. By now the tank and ful lines should be needing replacement as all the filters for the trans engine and fuel. The elec system is the worst nightmare you ever ran across. either bad grounds or wiring that is shrinking. If they changed oil and air filters the engine is most likely still great. It is all the other relays and safety switches that will drive you over the hill. lol Not to mention all the plastic pins that like to break and you repair them with bolts and nuts. But they cut great and run on a dimes worth of fuel.

Back