• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

cub chevy 283

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dchapel

displayname
deryl chapel
this is what happens when you retire and guys say it cant be done that way
20200531_204910.jpg

Attachments

• 20200908_171159.jpg
    20200908_171159.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 351
  • 20200302_154637.jpg
    20200302_154637.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 360
I am with you Kraig it looks like it would be a real kick in the pants!! I would be inclined to believe the first time you wrap the throttle it would take the curve out of your eye balls and maybe even pull the seat cover off from the pucker factor.

I am with you Kraig it looks like it would be a real kick in the pants!! I would be inclined to believe the first time you wrap the throttle it would take the curve out of your eye balls and maybe even pull the seat cover off from the pucker factor.
1 gear in cub trans and i never got out of second on the chevy trans. that was enough for me

Cool ‘57 Chevy pickup! The Cub Cadet looks like quite the conversion! Good it has the power steering. I’m sure it helps a lot.

Ahh, Chevy V8s
I put them in my Chevy Vega back in the day. I currently have one in my '75 CJ5 Jeep and if my Volvo engine ever dies, the V8 will have its day in my '89 240.
Putting it in a Cub is awesome! It doesn't look like it but did you have to stretch the frame a bit?

Deryl, you have got to get more pictures!!! American engineering at it's best! Small block Chevy and a Cub Cadet. Best of two breeds. The more I look at it the neater it becomes. Got any pictures of the build?

OH YEAH!!!
10 forward and 4 reverse
1 gear in cub trans and i never got out of second on the chevy trans. that was enough for me
it has a cub 2082 power steering in it
How hard is it to steer that beast?
Ahh, Chevy V8s
I put them in my Chevy Vega back in the day. I currently have one in my '75 CJ5 Jeep and if my Volvo engine ever dies, the V8 will have its day in my '89 240.
Putting it in a Cub is awesome! It doesn't look like it but did you have to stretch the frame a bit?
the front about 12 in

Attachments

• 20201029_191307.jpg
    20201029_191307.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 253
  • dds.jpg
    dds.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 529
Deryl, you have got to get more pictures!!! American engineering at it's best! Small block Chevy and a Cub Cadet. Best of two breeds. The more I look at it the neater it becomes. Got any pictures of the build?
yes i have a lot but i dont know if they will let me post all of them

Attachments

• 53503831_3095256567158575_2866619846622183424_o.jpg
    53503831_3095256567158575_2866619846622183424_o.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 552
Deryl,I love imagination !! need a laugh or a tear..I extended the frame on an Older simplicity,mounted a 4 cyl in it .Everything worked great until it came to driving..I forgot the original Briggs was mounted opposite.The front of the Briggs faced the back so all the drivetrain turned the other direction than the 4 cyl..Fired it up put in fwd and it went backward....talk about a let down !!! Another life lesson..enthusiasm can get in the way of reality......it's still sitting.... Your machine is awesome !!

Deryl,I love imagination !! need a laugh or a tear..I extended the frame on an Older simplicity,mounted a 4 cyl in it .Everything worked great until it came to driving..I forgot the original Briggs was mounted opposite.The front of the Briggs faced the back so all the drivetrain turned the other direction than the 4 cyl..Fired it up put in fwd and it went backward....talk about a let down !!! Another life lesson..enthusiasm can get in the way of reality......it's still sitting.... Your machine is awesome !!
thank you
That looks like fun!
kmcconaughey
hi how many pics can i post to show how it was made. thank you for your time

Latest posts

Back