• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet xt1 enduro

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Zook

Hello, everyone
My name id Charles Zook from Bartonville IL. (Edge of Peoria IL.) and purchased this 2017 XT 1 from a estate and had been setting for 2 years. Performed all maintenance items, cleaned gas tank, new fuel filter, new carburator, plugs. oil, filters & etc. and only 68 hours on clock. everything works great with exception of the safety rerse switch used for backing up when mowing, and with button depressed, engine still dies when reverse pedal is activated? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank You in advance. Dave

I've see several riders (cubs) that the reverse activation switch is on the rear linkage near the trans.Never know what a previous owner might have done intentionally or accidently. Check that feeder wire ..???

Thank You. Will be pulling battery and checking that area, Is there a relay in the system? Checked price on key, reverse switch panel on dash & like$ 35.00 which is not too bad, but wondering if this may be a waste of money and still have problem. Will attempt to eliminate other potential problems first.

Charles,laying beside mower, push down on reverse pedal..NOT RUNNING!!..follow the linkage movement,IF I'm right it will show you where the mechanical reverse switch is....that's where I would start...

Charles, forgot, I'm not aware of relays but elec. is changing fast....most of the switches I've delt with have a special position for pushing button and a light that comes on when override is working...are you sure you did that??

Charles, forgot, I'm not aware of relays but elec. is changing fast....most of the switches I've delt with have a special position for pushing button and a light that comes on when override is working...are you sure you did that??
Gary, Thank You for the reply info. The push button switch is on the Pop out dash insert panel w/key switch and no light illuminates when operating mower, and depressing switch when attempting to back up, just kills engine. CDZ

Check your owners manual.
Are you sure you are trying to activate the switch operation correctly?
Check the service manual for troubleshooting that operation as well.

Check your owners manual.
Are you sure you are trying to activate the switch operation correctly?
Check the service manual for troubleshooting that operation as well.
Thanks for the reply. Will check it out? I am just pushing on the switch button when I attempt to back up. Have a J.D D130 & this is how it operates, but will double check. CDZ

On my machine, a GTX2154LE, you do that when stopped, foot on the brake and the switch in the reverse position THEN push the button, the light should come on, then you are good to go, unless you should raise up off the seat for some reason and disrupt the circuit in which case you have to do it all over again. PITA, really

On my machine, a GTX2154LE, you do that when stopped, foot on the brake and the switch in the reverse position THEN push the button, the light should come on, then you are good to go, unless you should raise up off the seat for some reason and disrupt the circuit in which case you have to do it all over again. PITA, really
Thank You, will give it a shot & se what happens. CDZ

Thank You, Read your comments on your GT, DOWNLOADED operator manual for the XT 1 followed the directions & presto all is well! Requires more steps to engage than my J.D.. D130 , But problem resolved, CDZ A few of My past toys photos attached Had a lot of older less than 50 hp tractors that I half restored to good condition.

Attachments

• XT 1 MOWERS.JPG
    XT 1 MOWERS.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1247.JPG
    IMG_1247.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 121
  • scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 147
Good to learn you solved your problem!

Nice machinery too.

Charles, glad you got it..If you're going to keep working on the newer machines you will be looking up elec a lot ..So many relays and safety switches is a bit maddening...
Hi, Gary I had the key switch insert block popped out of dash, and after learning what the problem was, I pushed the insert back into dash and now have a sloppy fit, wiggles around in dash. Pulled insert & spread the metal clip tabs, but does not seem to help. Any suggestions before I possibly break off a tab? Thanks CDZ

Charles, what model is that McCormick
HI, Christopher,
That is the continental 4 cylinder engine and metal work (hood & grille off a IH baler or combine, with 12 volt start and ran off magneto. A old Ford car rear end cut down w/hyd. brakes, has a ford truck 4 speed tranny with the old style parking brake on drive train, Dual wheels w/adapters and spacers (the older large wheels off case lawn tractor) rear fenders/deck were home fabricated. Only problem is geared too high and gets dangerous if you let it run too fast. I really enjoyed taking it to shows and riding around the grounds. I drew a lot of attention and finally sold it for a offer I could not refuse. Ran very well. CDZ

Back