• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet wood splitter

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdrong

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Jdrong
Found this on Facebook Market place. Not mine but I thought it was unusual and interesting. Notice where the starter/generator is mounted.
1672593871096.png
1672593387192.png

Last edited:
Cool, but I prefer a tow behind, you can't move it easy if the engine or drive train has a failure. Plus you need a trailer to move it elsewhere....

Yes, I agree a tow behind wood splitter would be better. I cut and split my own firewood for decades. I had heard of the screw type wood splitter but, have never seen one in action. I built a wood splitter with an 8 hp vertical shaft engine. At the time a few people wondered how or if it could work with the pump being vertical. I wondered what's the difference, anyway, it worked just fine that way.

Lewis - How many drivetrain failures do we see in these pages? Not very darn many, just decades old springs or roll pins or whatever the prior owner substituted in place of those type parts gives up. Maybe a flat tire, or something causing the engine to shut down, like lack of gas.
I'd be cautious of the weight bias to the right side, drive along logging trails you could set your Cubby over on it's side. I've never had one on it's side but it's not because I've never had one in a precarious position. To be honest, I've had more close calls climbing way too steep of hills and eventually spun out and had to back down the slope. I use "body english" to balance weight side to side. Using turf tire, especially 6x12's severely reduces your ability to get yourself in trouble.

Dennis, I have seen broken drive pins, axles break at the hub, also inside the tranny. I agree about the weight issue on the side, but common sense comes to play on that.

Back