• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet Wheel Chock

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenovick1

C86115F0-9A66-4189-9540-5F339A18FB97.jpeg

Steve,
I am unsure if cub cadet (IH) made one of those. Not saying they didn't, but just be careful. Sometimes people will spray ordinary stuff yellow and jack the price up, just to sell it for factory IH cub cadet stuff.
Nice wheel chock, whether cub cadet made it or not. :)

If you have a steep driveway coming out of Garage. Kinda neat idea. Marty it’s getting out of control. Put in Big order with CC Specialties. 5 Bolt hubs. Spindles and Rims.

I had a 72 Toyota corona that had a tool kit that had a wheel chock that folded. Very close to Cub yellow. Pic from online. Mine long gone.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 226
You REALLY only need a wheel chock like that for a HYDRO, They tend to sneek away unless you shut the engine off and park with one end or the other against a tree or building. With a gear drive, just shut the engine off and put it in gear and it stays put.

You REALLY only need a wheel chock like that for a HYDRO, They tend to sneek away unless you shut the engine off and park with one end or the other against a tree or building. With a gear drive, just shut the engine off and put it in gear and it stays put.

What you REALLY need to do for both a hydro and a gear drive is use that little parking brake lever on the side of the pedal for what it's meant to do, and set the parking brake. Assuming your brakes are in working order (they should be, as it can get dangerous without them!) they won't have any problem holding your tractor in place. I use the parking brake on all my tractors, it'll hold them in place even on an incline.

Well it depends on the age of the tractor actually. The older hydros (123, 105, and 125) have an internal brake setup, similar to those on the gear drive tractors of the same eras (except the Original, which had a band brake setup). The internal brake setup is seemingly notorious for collecting moisture and rusting in place, and then being a royal pain to get un-stuck because of the limited access to the mechanism.

full.png

Unfortunately its really hard to photograph the internal setup, so a parts diagram is the best I can do.

From the 1X6 1X7 series and on, all the Cub GT's (gear and hydro, with a few specific exceptions) come with external disc brakes, one for each rear wheel. This same setup is used all the way through the Cyclops series. The disc brakes are much easier to adjust, and much less likely to get rusted stuck. If they do, they are very easily accessible for repair.

IMG_20210305_203100.jpg
IMG_20210305_213610.jpg

Here's my 106 (mid-transmission fluid change), you can see the brake discs and caliper setup. Calipers bolt to the axle tubes and the discs are welded to the axles.

Steve, your 1450 should have disc brakes, however your 122 should have the internal brake.

Well it depends on the age of the tractor actually. The older hydros (123, 105, and 125) have an internal brake setup, similar to those on the gear drive tractors of the same eras (except the Original, which had a band brake setup). The internal brake setup is seemingly notorious for collecting moisture and rusting in place, and then being a royal pain to get un-stuck because of the limited access to the mechanism.

View attachment 142618
Unfortunately its really hard to photograph the internal setup, so a parts diagram is the best I can do.

From the 1X6 1X7 series and on, all the Cub GT's (gear and hydro, with a few specific exceptions) come with external disc brakes, one for each rear wheel. This same setup is used all the way through the Cyclops series. The disc brakes are much easier to adjust, and much less likely to get rusted stuck. If they do, they are very easily accessible for repair.

View attachment 142616View attachment 142617
Here's my 106 (mid-transmission fluid change), you can see the brake discs and caliper setup. Calipers bolt to the axle tubes and the discs are welded to the axles.

Steve, your 1450 should have disc brakes, however your 122 should have the internal brake.
He showed a pic of a 1450. (y)

From the 1X6 1X7 series and on, all the Cub GT's (gear and hydro, with a few specific exceptions) come with external disc brakes, one for each rear wheel. This same setup is used all the way through the Cyclops series.

What are the "few specific exceptions"???
My 1450 from 1978 build era had the internal wet brakes.

Back