• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub cadet pto reverser

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As has been mentioned before, on other threads, directly contact our suppliers. Rarely do any of them have everything they have, listed on the website.

I don't know what Charlie is asking for his NOS but I have always found his prices to be fair - it's only new once!
for reference I sold a well used one almost ten years ago on CL for $600.

any chance of a part number or a picture please, never heard of this thing
(rummaged through the parts selection tried various combinations in the search but....... its been a tough year all round)

4975.jpg

4976.jpg

Thanks Kraig,.... what a stout design. Possibly two intermeshing gears set in conical bearings and shimmed to preload them I guess. Quite a casting too.
The link you posted poses an interesting aspect of how similar the IH Farmall Cub gearbox is/was to the cub cadet gearbox and is that not worthy of a bit of discussion? did Ih use the same gearbox on both Farmall cubs..... and cub cadets?

1) Were the IH Farmall Cub gear ratios similar?... relying on the final step down gearing to allow for the much larger rear tyre sizes? ( separate discussion on tyre size needed here)
2) Was the internal rotation direction similar on both Cub and Cub cadet...hence the Rear PTO final drive rotation direction.
3) I've always pondered the justification of larger diameter tyres on tractors to create a "longer footprint" vs a wider tyre to create that larger footprint.

Gordon, it has been discussed here in the past. The gear drive Cub Cadets used the transmission from the Farmall Cub with a few changes.

1484.jpg

Here's a photo of the assembly line with Farmall Cub transmissions in the foreground with the long input shaft and Cub Cadet transmissions in the background with the reduction housing mounted on the front. If I recall correctly, the Farmall Cub transmissions with the bent shift lever were for Lo-Boy variants.

1483.jpg

Back