• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet/MTD largest Tractor 7532 fuel delivery problems

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdebalko

displayname
george debalko
I have a 7532 but the problem may be from the 7000
series up. Since I owned it and put only marginal hours per year, the tractor finally peters out
and I have to replace the filter for
diesel. I cannot see a problem in the fuel filter bowl, but
a little black carbon like granules.

Is this a problem with all MTD cadets large tractors?
Today I added an inline clear filter before the
CC filter so I can more easily look down over the
loader to see the fuel.

Once changed, the tractor runs fine.
But I see no build up on the cartridge.

Any ideas?

Bacteria in the fuel clogs the paper element in filters. We had a bad batch of fuel in the combine a few years back and had to change the filter every day till we got the tank cleaned out.

I believe I have a poly tank. Is bacteria prone
to attacking them?

What did you do to clean the tank?

It's not the tractor, it's the fuel. You'll need an additive to control the bacteria. I've also blended in some K-1 kerosene to help control this in our Kubotas. I think it's worse in machines that don't use a high volume of fuel. Perhaps not enough turnover and the fuel ages, so I stopped always topping off the tank and tried to get it to a 1/4 tank or less then refilled. HTH.

So far I have mitigated the problem by installing before the tractor
filter a inline plastic filter. I am guessing the quality of the cub
filter elements I am getting is somehow of poor quality.
The inline hose filter allows me to look at the contents
and see problems before reaching the cub filter.
If I get through the winter with it I will be ahead of the game.

Marvel mystery oil about 2 ounces per gallon of fuel has kept my diesel bacteria free for 8 years now. I use it in all my small engines and tractors..

Back