• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub cadet model 70

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanderson

displayname
william anderson
Have a 70 I just bought thought it was locked up but I can turn the eng backwards until something stops it in the eng then it will turn back the other way until it hits. Could this be a stuck valve that is causing it stop after almost a full turn back and forth

Have a 70 I just bought thought it was locked up but I can turn the eng backwards until something stops it in the eng then it will turn back the other way until it hits. Could this be a stuck valve that is causing it stop after almost a full turn back and forth
Pop the head and you'll real quick. (y) Like kaweimann said, I'm bettin on a broke rod.

Stick a screwdriver into the spark plug hole, turn the engine by hand, if the screw driver does not move up and down with the engine turning then the piston is not moving thus a broken rod, if it does move up and down then I would be looking at the valves.

Back