• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet Model 128

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photos of one installed correctly:

Spring_1.jpg

Spring2.jpg

Thanks Kraig. This is getting better and better. These pictures are worth at least 2000 words. Not only does the spring get more tension but the rear attachment is much stronger being on the outside of the frame. I can't wait to try this new installation, new to me anyway, and thanks to this forum for the help. This is the reason I,and we, love IH Cub Cadets and the genius engineers who designed this sturdy little tractor.

Hey everyone. I put the mower deck on and mowed the lawn today. The tractor runs really good with lots of power and no smoke. The mower deck needs a new spindle bearing but I don't know what model or size it is, the tags are gone. I will post pictures of it and maybe someone can ID it for me. I measured the total width at 42 inches , but I don't think they made a 42" only 38" or 44".
Low Res Cub Cadet-3.jpg
Low Res Cub Cadet-4.jpg
Low Res Cub Cadet.jpg
Low Res Cub Cadet-2.jpg
IMG_0646.jpeg
IMG_0645.jpeg

View attachment 149417
The decks look the same to me
Thanks for the info RAllison. They are very similar for sure. I took mine apart a few years ago and can't remember what the bearings looked like but I don't think they were tapered roller bearings. I'll have to take it apart again to verify what they are.

Last edited:
Back