• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet Model 128

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
displayname
Calvin Bradley Skinner
Hi everyone. I am a new member, the first time I've posted anyway. I have been a Cub Cadet enthusiast since the early 60's when my Dad brought one home. It wasn't long before I started plowing gardens in the summer with a turning blade and plowing driveways in the winter with the snow blade. I was only 13 or 14 but I loved that tractor. I don't remember the model but it was one tough little machine. It was the center of action for me and my friends. Dad also bought the white wagon that went with it and it was used for transporting all of us. Anyway I bought this 128 from my nephew a few years ago and it has set in the garage since then. I am retired now and want to refurbish it. It has a mower and tiller with it and it all works. I am going to try posting some pictures of my progress. Hope this is the right place to post, but tell me if it isn't.
APC_0632.jpg
APC_0632.jpg
APC_0624.jpg
APC_0625.jpg
APC_0624.jpgAPC_0625.jpgAPC_0626.jpgAPC_0627.jpgAPC_0630.jpgAPC_0631.jpg
APC_0624.jpg
APC_0631.jpg
APC_0632.jpg
APC_0624.jpg
APC_0625.jpg
APC_0626.jpg
APC_0627.jpg
APC_0630.jpg
APC_0631.jpg
APC_0632.jpg

Glad you found us Calvin. Thanks for the awesome story about your history with Cubs and your new acquisition. I definitely look forward to your progress as you restore that neat old GD!

Hi everyone. I am a new member, the first time I've posted anyway. I have been a Cub Cadet enthusiast since the early 60's when my Dad brought one home. It wasn't long before I started plowing gardens in the summer with a turning blade and plowing driveways in the winter with the snow blade. I was only 13 or 14 but I loved that tractor. I don't remember the model but it was one tough little machine. It was the center of action for me and my friends. Dad also bought the white wagon that went with it and it was used for transporting all of us. Anyway I bought this 128 from my nephew a few years ago and it has set in the garage since then. I am retired now and want to refurbish it. It has a mower and tiller with it and it all works. I am going to try posting some pictures of my progress. Hope this is the right place to post, but tell me if it isn't. View attachment 135607View attachment 135607View attachment 135601View attachment 135602View attachment 135601View attachment 135602View attachment 135603View attachment 135604View attachment 135605View attachment 135606View attachment 135601View attachment 135606View attachment 135607View attachment 135601View attachment 135602View attachment 135603View attachment 135604View attachment 135605View attachment 135606View attachment 135607
I'm a newbie too, I picked up a 128 at a yard sale not to long ago. It was running. when I bought it, but it wouldn't turn over when I got it home. Bought a new battery & it cranks good now but still won't start. I found a cigarette butt stuffed in the points, & the condenser was barely grounded, if at all. So, that's my next step, look forward to seeing your progress and maybe I'll learn something.
20201202_141204.jpg
20201202_141239.jpg

Welcome to the forum. It is great looking tractor you have. Keep us posted during the refurb of it. I would suspect there are many here who started a life long fascination with these little tractors. I too used my dad's Bolens to mow some yards back then. I spent many hours on that tractor. Glad to have you aboard with us here.

The seat is from a 102, they are very hard to find in good condition, if you decide to update the seat, I would suggest you offer tithe 102 seat up for sale on this site. I started working for IH when this tractor was new and they were rock solid machines!
I'm a newbie too, I picked up a 128 at a yard sale not to long ago. It was running. when I bought it, but it wouldn't turn over when I got it home. Bought a new battery & it cranks good now but still won't start. I found a cigarette butt stuffed in the points, & the condenser was barely grounded, if at all. So, that's my next step, look forward to seeing your progress and maybe I'll learn something.View attachment 141160View attachment 141161

Hey everyone, I've made some progress on my 128. As you can see it is looking much better. I also did some mechanical work on it too. I removed the rear cover for the differential and removed the old dirty , water polluted fluid. I also drained the dirty fluid from the creeper drive housing. I did replace the clutch friction plate along with the drive plate and some of the springs. Oh ya and the brake pads that I found used but as good as new. I did replace the old ignition points with the electronic ignition kit from Kirk Industries. It starts immediately now. I am glad I did it. The wheel paint color is the old white(Harvester White I think) and does'nt match the hood white so I think I'll paint the hood, grill and cowl to match the wheels. I am happy with what I've done so far and am looking forward to using the tiller with it. It is not a trailer queen.And I also replaced the seat with a good one, brand new.
_MG_0677.jpg
_MG_0675.jpg
_MG_0672.jpg
_MG_0669.jpg
_MG_0667.jpg
_MG_0665.jpg

I like your progress! if you are going to focus on your tiller I would like to see that as well. I have to work on mine in the spring - if I can get the tine hubs free from the gearbox

Back