• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet ltx50 Carburetor question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Zook

Purchased this mower from a living estate and had not been used in several years. Motor is 22 hp Koehler courage SV715 . Replaced carb. ( which requires pulling gas tank, and air box which has to be in place as the nuts that secure the air box also then secures the carb. covers carb, Put it back together and it runs with full choke, but occasional surge as if starved for fuel. Will not keep running without full choke? Ordered new fuel pump, but have to ask if there is a way to access and adjust carb, without another tear down? Thank You in advance for any input replies. CDZ

I think you're on the right track. Sounds like what I was going through with my Craftsman DYS4500.
Take your fuel pump off and spray it full of carb cleaner. Let it soak for 10-15 minutes and drain. Spray some more in it, cover inlet and outlet with your fingers and shake the crap out of it. Drain. Repeat. Then shoot some air through the inlet. Put it back together and see if that helps. Did wonders for mine...

I think you're on the right track. Sounds like what I was going through with my Craftsman DYS4500.
Take your fuel pump off and spray it full of carb cleaner. Let it soak for 10-15 minutes and drain. Spray some more in it, cover inlet and outlet with your fingers and shake the crap out of it. Drain. Repeat. Then shoot some air through the inlet. Put it back together and see if that helps. Did wonders for mine...
Thank You,
CDZ

Not familiar with this specific fuel pump but fuel pumps I have played with would be ruined by carb cleaner. Carb cleaner would play havoc with the diaphragm material.
I would blow thru all the fuel lines and make sure fuel filter is not blocked. Looking at the fuel pump on that engine. Those are pretty reliable.

Last edited:
Not familiar with this specific fuel pump but fuel pumps I have played with would be ruined by carb cleaner. Carb cleaner would play havoc with the diaphragm material.
I would blow thru all the fuel lines and make sure fuel filter is not blocked. Looking at the fuel pump on that engine. Those are pretty reliable.
Have replaced fuel filter and new fuel pump should arrive Saturday11/13/21 and hopefully this solves problem. This engine requires removing gas tank to get shroud off top of engine and still can not see or access the carb. until air box/carb. mounting nuts are removed. NOT AT ALL HANDY! I Did install new carb. and assume they are preset from factory, since a person can not access carb for adjustments when installed, and of course can not run engine until reassembled. GUESS I LIKE THE OLDER DESIGNS WHERE THING WERE ACCESSIBLE WITHOUT TEAR DOWNS?
Any comments on carb. adjustments when air box is removed that covers top side of carburetor?

Back