• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet driveshaft production

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tx_adv

I would like to know when cub cadet stopped using driveshafts on their garden tractors. I'm having problems fnding information anywhere on the Internet.

I'm having trouble figuring out just what you are referring to here.
You mean instead of a driveshaft to propel the unit they are using belts??

Drive shafts are for garden tractors.
Belts are for lawn mowers
MTD Builds both, at least that's what they want folks to believe since when...the 90's or thereabouts?? o_O

2000 Series and the current XT3 models all have drive shafts. My Cub, 2148 model, was the last “white hood” tractor before the current enduro series XT3 which is exactly the same tractor with different colors scheme. Driveshafts in both.

does your 2148 have a locking differential ?

Latest posts

Back