• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub cadet commercial

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenovick1

D69B8024-3784-401A-861E-1AB1D6AD5F03.jpeg

I was at a Cub Cadet dealer today too. They lost my differential cover gasket, but did give me a refund..guess who will be getting my next order?

I'll bet Digger has them in stock too, and I won't have to wait for the backorder fulfillment.

I can't believe Cub Cadet makes equipment like that. Who would buy that over an Exmark or Scag for probably the same price?

My work has 3 of the proZ 500 s models. They are far superior to scag or any others for our use. The 4 wheel steering keeps the front end from sliding out on steep side hills, and the decks are WAY overbuilt, with a very simple belt routing. They all use the same engines and hydro pumps, so at the end of the day you are really buying the ergonomics package, cutting deck, and brand name.
20190618_092843.jpg

I agree, I don’t have one of the walk behind or the mower like above, but. I do have a 2020 ULTIMA ZT1 54” zero turn. It is a well built machine, and for comparable price in entry level consumer models, it is really nice. The 54” fabbed deck is a monster…. Very thick and well built. I bought this one for the fabbed/Kohler combo, and for the price I paired for it, I didn’t care for the comparable priced models from other manufactures. I shopped for a couple months before buying, and looked at several brands, even green ones, and I always came back to this one for what it came with, at the price point it was at. So yes, I would not hesitate to get a CC Commercial, for commercial use over a SCAG or Exmark…. Just my opinion…. But I am happy with mine…. Pushing 40 hours and I have done an oil change and fed it gas….. it just does it’s job, and does it well….

I bought a new Pro Z 560 last year. It is definitely overkill but it is an absolute animal. Cousin runs Dixie Choppers and Exmarks for his landscaping business- the Dixies look cheap, and light to me. Exmark didn't look bad. A big factor is my Cub dealer is also the closest dealer and I have a good relationship with them. I also considered Scag, and they did look good to me but the dealer was a good half hour plus to get to.

We have 400+ hours on 2 of the proz machines, and the third was new this spring, it currently sits with 127 hours on the clock. I work for the local dpw, dept of public works, and the primary operators are summer help students, high school and college kids. They mow the cemetery and and other township properties. The only, and I mean only thing we have replaced, is a steering cable because a kid ran over a head stone and had it wedged in between the bumper and frame of the machine. These kids aren't careful like an owner/ operator would be, and all machines are still in good condition, with the belts they left the factory with. Just oil changes and changing blades. Oh, we did replace one discharge chute, because a kid wedged the machine between two buildings trying to hide for a while, he was wedged to the point we needed our 35hp tractor to pull it out. Deck is still in great shape. These cub pro series machines are BEASTS!

I'm sure they are pretty well built but here are my thoughts.

I owned a Lesco ZTR that was built by MTD but found it almost impossible to get parts for so I ended up trading it on an 1863.

Cub Cadet has failed at pretty much everything they have built (2000 to today). The 3000 series (a machine that I really like) was a great machine but it was phased out for (what I believe) a cheaper XT3 model. The XT3 to me isn't a true garden tractor but a heavy duty lawn mower.
They tried getting in to the SCUT business but failed building the 5000 & 7000 series machines. Those owners are now stuck with machines that probably most parts are NLA. So then they teamed up with Yanmar to build the Cub Cadet/Yanmar machines but I believe that venture ended for some reason.

One of the larger dealers around me sells Ventrac, Exmark, Walker, Scag and are one of the few Cub Cadet dealers left but I have never seen any of the Cub Cadet commercial equipment at their store. Maybe it just doesn't sell in the Atlanta area...IDK. I can't find any listed for sale on CL but I did find three Cub Cadet Pro X 560 machines brand new with one still in the crate but they are 2019 machines. If you're in the commercial market in my area then you probably have Exmark, Scag or Deere on your trailer. That is what I see around me.

My question is. Will they support a machine that cost over $10k new 5 to 10 years from now? That is what I'm asking as a home owner. I'm pretty sure that government municipalities don't look at that side.

I finally gave in this year and purchased a ZTR. I looked at Exmark, Scag, Deere, Hustler, Spartan & Kubota but ended up going with Scag because of the dealer support in my area. I didn't even consider Cub Cadet because of the above reasons but I didn't know they were trying to compete in this market either.

Sorry guys, IMHO, Cub Cadet makes mowers & tractors for the big box stores and that is what they are good at.

You've got some valid points Oak. I got my hands on a 3000 series myself mainly from reading posts of yours here and elsewhere. But I don't think it went away because of the XT3, I'm going to venture a guess (also based on what I've read elsewhere) that they went away because sales numbers were low. And I'd bet the sales #s on the XT3 are very low too. My guess is most buyers want it so they can hang a snowthrower on front each winter these days.

Pro Z isn't really all new, but more of a refinement/redesign of the earlier Tank series, which I think they did well at, but those machines typically went to schools/parks/churches etc, places with a large property(s) to maintain. Cub wanted to get into the commercial mowing business, so the Tank was beefed up into the Pro Z. If you look at some of the Tank models through the years you can kind of see how it evolved. Keep in mind too that the engines and hydros are all pretty much the same across the different brands so parts there shouldn't be an issue.

I don't know this for a fact, but I'm under the impression that not all CC dealers are Cub Commercial dealers. One of my local stores is CaseIH, Cub, and Scag, (amongst misc other brands) and he said that Scag outsells Pro Z, but the Pro Zs pretty much stay out in the field & don't need to come back for repairs. Time will tell.

I may be wrong, but the local dealer told me that the xt3 is the 3000, with the updated body. I've never checked into this info, just took him for his word. I'm sure there are small differences, and updates. But the frame and running gear should be the same.

The hydraulics ended with the 3000 series along with the shaft driven attachments. The steering and deck lift are all electric now. They make a sleeve hitch that looks like a manually operated version from a 1970's Sears machine but I think there is an aftermarket version with an electric actuator. I do think the frame, engine and drive line probably are the same.

Back