• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 70

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balbrecht

displayname
Brian Albrecht
1963 Cub Cadet model 70, serial number 67094. I've had this tractor for a number of years, but the reality is I will never get around to restoring it. Nice straight machine, starts right up but does smoke, needs an engine rebuild. Still has the original battery hold down for the large battery box, and a nice front grill. I believe the pan seat has been welded, it's been a while since I put the seat cover on. Comes with the stuff I never got around to installing, lights, rear lift. The rear rims are shot, so a good set of those also go with it. $350, worth that in parts. Picked up in Hammond WI.

20210501_163806-1680.jpg20210501_163814-1680.jpg20210501_163824-1680.jpg20210501_163838-1680.jpg

I have plenty of cash on hand, I think I will leave it and the trailer at home. If after I see it I decide that I have to get it I can make a second trip, I’m not that far away from Brian. Provided, that is, Brian hasn’t sold it by then.

I have plenty of cash on hand, I think I will leave it and the trailer at home. If after I see it I decide that I have to get it I can make a second trip, I’m not that far away from Brian. Provided, that is, Brian hasn’t sold it by then.

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME?????
It runs, has lights, round fenders, nice looking skinny rears. DANG!!!!! I can't believe you're NOT there yet!!!!

Oh man, I may just have to bring the trailer, besides, it'll be easier to strap the plow on the trailer than to hoist it into the back of my SUV. :D

Oh man, I may just have to bring the trailer, besides, it'll be easier to strap the plow on the trailer than to hoist it into the back of my SUV. :D

BRING THE TRAILER - BRING THE TRAILER - BRING THE TRAILER (and a Brinly adapter).
Mount the 3pt to the 70, attach Brinly adapter and the plow, AND drive it onto the trailer.
DONE DEAL - no hassle trying to hoist or wrestle the plow.
Come on Kraig!!!!!!!!

It's not a Brinly sleeve hitch plow, it's an unknown brand (Birch ?) with a CAT-0(?, or perhaps a CAT-1) that I am buying.

We shall see, I already have several Cub Cadets that are in need of refurbishing, and I don’t have enough time or space. But I have always liked the styling of the 70/100.

Someone is going to get a nicely equipped 70 at a great price! It will not be me, I have way to many Cub Cadet projects already, three 125s, two 105s and a 1450. 😲 I did buy the off brand plow that he had and got to look the 70 over, it was VERY hard to not buy the 70, I came close to pulling my wallet out a few times
gah.gif
but I managed to resist. I'm sure someday I will likely kick myself for passing on this...

Thanks Brian!

Someone is going to get a nicely equipped 70 at a great price! It will not be me, I have way to many Cub Cadet projects already, three 125s, two 105s and a 1450. 😲 I did buy the off brand plow that he had and got to look the 70 over, it was VERY hard to not buy the 70, I came close to pulling my wallet out a few times View attachment 143423 but I managed to resist. I'm sure someday I will likely kick myself for passing on this...

Thanks Brian!
I did all I could, my sales pitch just wasn't enough. :drool2: It did find a future home in Indiana, so you can breath easy again.

This has been spoken for.

Glad to hear it has been sold. It was VERY hard to pass on it. When you started to sweeten the deal I almost gave in! :yikes:

Thanks again!

Back