• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 60

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question for Kraig or Myron or anyone else knowledgeable about the Cadets. Mine is a 1971 Cadet Model 60, and is, of course, yellow. But it has a black and blue decal stripe, not a blue and white one like other Model 60's I've seen and it also has a black seat cushion. Are these correct?

Jim, I'm not certain but I believe <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> changed the graphics on the Cadet 60 when they introduced the 1x6/7 series Cub Cadets which also have black in the hood decal. The blue and white stripe of the early model 60 matched the hood decals of the 1x4/5 series Cub Cadets. I'm not sure about the seat, those are easily replaced. Here's another model 60 that was at Red Power Round up back in 2009 (more and bigger photos of it here) with the same color stripe as yours, though this one has been modified in other aspects.

309684.jpg

Good deal, thanks Kraig! I will try and retain the black/blue decal as I don't find any of them online, just the blue. My 60 is in really good shape, but the fiberglass is badly stained. I'm going to try and clean it, but may have to end up repainting it and I would like to retain the decals.

I got the little mower up and running yesterday. I took it out of the barn, got about 20 feet and the VERY rusty chain broke! Did some research and found a modern chain that is very close to the OEM one, so I bought it and installed it, after pulling the rear axle and differential. Figured I might as well do that while getting the chain together. I disassembled the quite unusual rear bearings (they remind me of the old grease cups found on antique disk harrows) and cleaned out what was probably remnants of the original bearing grease and refilled them, so those should turn a bit easier now. Anyway, once the axle, chain, and wheels were back on, I fired it up and rode it around the yard! No mowing yet - that's for next spring, but it was fun knowing this was probably the first driving it's had in 5-10 years. Very cool.

Now it gets put away for a while. I have to finish my CC 106 refresh, but then I'll disassemble the 60 down to the frame and refresh it. Gotta love those fall and winter projects!

310414.jpg

310415.jpg

I, like most everyone on this and other forums, do what we do with old tractors just for that one moment when we first turn the key on a refresh and ...it starts!

Kraig, it was LOTS fun! Thanks for the comment!

My dad has two cadet 60s. One of them in like new condition cosmetically. Both of them had new engines installed in the late 90s. A machine shop machined a hole through the engine base at cam location and then made a stub for camshaft extension. They silver soldered the stub to the cam, and also machined the base for a seal for the camshaft shaft. I don't have any pictures handy but I'm curious what the value of these units might be?

The engines on both CC 60's were 10HP techumseh engines. The nicer of the two also had it's spindles changed and runs ball bearings in the front, and flange bearings int the rear.

Stephen, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

We don't provide values on tractors or implements as the value can vary so widely depending on the area of the country and other factors such as condition. We do like photos however so if you could get some to post I'm sure that there's a few here that would like to see them. Especially if you could get some of the engine mods. Best thing you can do is post a for sale add in the classifieds section with the price that you'd like to get.

Anyone know where I can the springs located underneath for the pedals to return to the neutral spot? I know that may not make sense. I have one that is broken and tends to slip of its mount and will not bring back the reverse pedal back all the way. The ones on the pivot hub and stop plate. Not the tension springs.
Thanks for any help.
Rob

Robert, not sure if they are still available, (The part number usually goes away on the Parts Lookup once they are discontinued), but here are the part numbers for the return springs, items #23 and #25:

316817.jpg

316818.jpg

Perfect! Thanks. now to try to find them. I wonder if there are any specs for them anywhere. I know they'll be hard to find

Back