• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 5252E

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Mo

displayname
Terry Reed
I see my local Deere dealer has a 5252E with 60 inch deck and 3 point hitch. It has under 300 hours. I did some preliminary research on these models, and most were not too glowing. But, I still may go take a look at it since it's at my local dealer, which I have a good relationship with.

Anyone else here have one of these, or has more knowledge of this series of tractors?

Everything I’ve ever heard about them is that you don't want to own one. Most parts are NLA and they aren’t overly well engineered. Major components fail regularly and many of them were recalled from the factory.

If you can talk your dealer into backing it, and get the price low enough, it might still be worth it, but even at 300 hours it’s probably already on borrowed time.

I test drove it yesterday, and it seem as if the differential lock got stuck on after I applied it. And from the research I did, it does seem to be a model to avoid. This one ran good, and drove good, and seem to be in good shape, but the differential lock thing does worry me, plus all the negative reviews concerns me. I think I'll pass.

Back