• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 3206

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Seidelman

displayname
JudgeDredd1957
I have a Cub Cadet 3206 with a Kohler 22 hp 2-cylinder air-cooled V-twin OHV, Serial Number IE 2416-20034 Factory Number 652, purchased on 07-01-2001 by my dad, now my lawn mower, I used this mower for one year and it was always hard to start, Full choke and full throttle. Several months ago it would not start (No spark). so far I have replaced both ignition coils, both spark plugs, the voltage regulator and the 12 volt relay. still no spark. I can't figure this thing out....getting frustrated

thumbnail_20211009_170157.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_20211009_170214.jpg
    thumbnail_20211009_170214.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 82
most likely, you have a safety switch somewhere that is not allowing power to the coils.
Seat switch, PTO switch, etc....

Ray, Seat safety switch seems to be working fine, I must also push brake pedal down to start lawnmower to it appears that switch is also ok, is there a third safety switch on PTO. ?

If the motor turns over, all the safeties are good. As Gary said, unhook the whit kill wires on the mags and crank it. If you have spark, then you have a short or failed ignition switch. Do the CH's have the diodes in the kill circuit like the Vanguards? If they do, you could have a shorted diode causing your issue.

Back