• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 2182

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tandrews

displayname
Tyler Andrews
I have the opportunity to purchase a Cub Cadet 2182 with a Kubota gas engine with around 650 hours on it from the original owner. It comes with a mowing deck and a snow blower attachment. I went to look at it and noticed a small leak and it appeared it was coming from the rear. It started right up and ran great. He wants 500$ for it. I have a long stone driveway about a quarter mile long and an acre of land. Any insight on this tractor and how it will preform for me with snow will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Worth a lot more than that!

No big deal on the small leak, and an easy fix no matter what it is!

Thank you for your response! Ha it sounded like a great deal to me but I was skeptical. Usually if it sounds too good to be true it is and I’m not very lucky so I thought I would double and triple check.

I did some research and the Kubota gas engine (21 hp I believe) and this driveline seems to be a reliable one. I have never used a snow blower on a tractor before only walk behinds. Do you or anyone know how they perform? This is a two stage model. I have researched a little and like anything I have seen mixed reviews. I have a a gravel driveway and everything I have read says to extend the feet all the way leaving some snow behind to not dig up the stone and throw it out of the blower. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

It kinda depends on what blower you have.
If it's the one that came with the tractor, it's probably white and a Model 450. And heavy as all get out! LOL
You'll want to put 2 link chains on the rear and add as much weight as you can as well.

450's are dang near indestructible. I've got one on my 782D and it does really well, even in the gravel.
It's also a good idea to put some sort of tri-rib tires on the front. Makes a world of difference in steering that heavy beast around.
324945.jpg

For gravel areas I like to pack down a few inches of snow as a base to minimize the chances of picking up gravel. Extending the skids all the way out will help.

I believe the blower may be a 451, not a positive on that though. It is yellow. I will see if I can get pictures. Is the 451 worse than the 450? He had bar tires and chains on the rear which I don’t think made sense but I don’t really know. He put brand new front tires on like the ones in your picture. I understand the weight will help.

When you say pack the snow down how would you do that without packing everything down and then not being able to blow anything or do you mean when it first snows get a compacted snow base and then the following snows you are set to plow?

Again thanks for the input!

Tyler, I drive on and pack down the first snow fall or two of the season. Those are typically only a few inches in my area. If the first snow fall is substantial I would set/hold the snowblower up so that it doesn’t dig up gravel. With the manual lift like on my old model 125 with its ratchet lift settings it was easy. With hydraulic lift you have to be a bit more deliberate with the lift.

450 and 451 are basically the same thing, except the 450 is for the tractors with the 4.5" PTO clutch and 451 is for the 6" PTO clutch.

Thank you everyone for your input!!!

Packing it down first makes sense to me. I’m not sure it would really work in my area though. Usually the first few snows melt off completely before the next begins so I would need to put the feet down all the way to create a gap between the bottom edge of the blower and the driveway. It will be a trial and error process until I figure out what works for me.

Anyone have any more information on the tractor if it is a good one and if I should make the deal?

Thank you

Thank you everyone for your responses and input!

I bought it and brought it home Saturday!

I am very eager to use it to sling some snow or mow some grass, whichever comes first! When the weather gets nicer I will have to clean it up a bit. I greatly underestimated the weight of this tractor, it is a beast! The 54” deck was darn heavy too and I can’t even begin to think about the blower weight! I will take some pictures this week/weekend and post them.

I am also looking into getting a plow blade for the front for snow in addition to the blower. I’m not sure which will work best for my scenario yet but I want to be prepared. Does anyone know the model or have any input on the plow blades versus the blower?

Next is tires. The fronts were replaced but the rears are old bar/agricultural tires that have seen better days. I need some input on tires as well please! Should I look for new bar/agricultural tires and no chains in the winter or should I look into turf tires and chains in the winter?

Thank you all again!

Tyler, turf tires and 2 link chains will give you the best traction in snow.

2182 was the only Super I never had! Please let us know how it works out for you. They sure sound smooth.

Back