• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 2160 w/ 16hp Briggs V Twin

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
The upper bolt that holds this starter is being a PITA. Anyone here run into this problem and found a way to solve it?

This is the first step in trying to get this $200 "treasure" back into mowing condition. It's that or part it out and I'm not ready for that, yet.
happy.gif

297853.jpg

Frank if you get it out,, maybe
1a_scratchhead.gif
replace it with a allen/hex head screw like on the points cover just larger

Jeff: Not IF - WHEN. Remember CASEY AT THE BAT and the "hope that springs eternal within the human breast" ?
happy.gif

P.S. To top it off, we're dealing with Metrics, here. God Bless the Globalization theory!
happy.gif

That went quite well, thank you! A modification of a Craftsman 13mm wrench did the trick. A previous deal left me with a couple "extra" 13mm's and my modification of this one seemed like the thing to do. My surprise was that the propane torch wouldn't heat it hot enough - I had to go to the Mapp gas torch.
happy.gif

297856.jpg

A $4 nylon starter gear was basically all it took to get the 2160 going and mowing..
happy.gif

297870.jpg

It just has 4 bolts holding the back wheels on but I'm liking this machine.
happy.gif

Allen - there's a story on the dog (Scrappy), too. He's a rescue dog that started out in Arizona, went to Alabama, then to Virginia, then to Southern Maine where friends adopted him but found he needed more room to run. He's just been here since Wednesday. He was 14 months old yesterday.
happy.gif

Frank

Are you holding the battery with your foot ? it kind a looks like battery there by your left foot.

Good eye, Don! The battery that came with it is toast - a new one will be here Tuesday. I spent most of the day mowing - catching up to what's been neglected so far this summer. I realized this morning that part of it's attraction is -- it's a little Lucy without the loader.
happy.gif

Next SNAFU:
I'm hoping to get away with just replacing the bearings.
happy.gif

297898.jpg

As Don says - 1 step forward and 2 steps back! The mower quit on the 2160. Ohm meter said everything was OK except for maybe the 925-1648 relay. Dealer didn't have one. Remembered that a relay had fallen out from under the dash on the Jeep (heater fan circuit). It worked! Mowed a couple hours more and blew the 954-3055A PTO belt! 1 step forward . . .
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back