• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 1863

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Albring

I found video on steps in replacing my head gaskets. In the video, the owner states to first torque head gasket bolts, in sequence, at 15 lbs psi and then to 30 lbs psi. However, the instructions that came with my head gasket, states to torque first at 200 lbs psi and then 370 lbs psi. First, who is correct and 2nd my torque wrench setting only goes as high as 150 lbs psi. I've included link to video, as well as the instructions that came with my head gasket kit. I've already torqued bolts to 30 lbs psi, but noticed on instruction sheet a totally different torque specs. The last thing I want to do is under torque these bolts and have leak all over again, or worse yet, over torque them and possibly snap head off bolt! This is my first time undertaking such a big job like this, but have learned alot along the way and I'm definitely a stickler for ensuring things get done right and no shortcuts! I'm all ears for any wisdom that anyone can assist me on with this endeavor please. Thanks

I have the Kohler 18 HP engine. My Cub Cadet 1863 S/N 891386 and Model 14A-664-100.

Head Gasket video on Kohler Command/Cub Cadet Tractor

Attachments

• 20220304_142556.jpg
    20220304_142556.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 20220621_172033.jpg
    20220621_172033.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 37912.jpeg
    37912.jpeg
    946.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for catching what I missed......you were right! I did convert and they come out the same......
200 sq in lbs converts to 200 lbs psi?

Latest posts

Back