• FIRST AND LAST NAMES ARE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING

Cub Cadet 1863 Kohler 18HP Engine Overheating with white smoke

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

Jeff Albring

Take out the battery and battery tray, remove the two bolts at the bottom that holds the heat shield ("firewall looking thing") and shift it towards the operator control tower and you'll have plenty of room 👍😎👍
Will definitely do.....thanks for the help!

Jeff Albring

Ok...will stop by TSC after work to see if they have in store. Thanks!
I picked up exact kit, and lightly coated green foam cover and slipped it over new air filter. But when I was tightening cover down, it wasn't going down all the way, as I could see inside all around. I wish I had noticed it earlier, but I pulled old filter out of trash to find that the new filter was taller. I thought maybe I grabbed the wrong kit, but doubled checked and it was correct and also found on my engine it is Kohler Command 18S. I doubt TSC will swap filter since I can't return green foam along with it, after rubbing light coat of oil over it. Just my luck that kit would have wrong size air filter in it.

Jeff Albring

CH18S should be what you have, that is what is in my 1864 (same as yours but with couple extras). It's the correct kit...👍😎👍
The engine is a Command 18S, so why would I have the wrong size air filter, which was right diameter, but taller than existing one and couldn't seat cover afterwards. Do I have to worry about oil filter possibly being wrong type too and causing issues please? If this kit also works with Command 18S, why wouldn't kit list it? Hoping TSC will swap air filter with what I need.

Latest posts