• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 1863 brake pedal issue

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki Maier

I just had my dad’s 1863 CC serviced and am thrilled that soon we will be able to use it for our yard. There are still a couple of issues; it needs new PTO pulleys which will be here this week. More frustrating is the brake pedal. It’s so “tight” and needs to be really pushed down hard. But then I have to lift it up with my foot to release it! Seems like it should have more “spring”. Even the repairman is stumped. Any thoughts?

First off, WELCOME!

Looks like there are two springs associated with the brakes. I would check to be sure both are intact and then lubricate every pivot point in the system.

1863-1.JPG

That's from the Cub Cadet Parts Lookup:

Parts Lookup

Once you get to the Parts Lookup, click on "Cub Cadet", then the 1863 is a Garden Tractor so you want to next click on "Garden Tractor" then scroll down the page, you'll want to then click on "show more", then the 1863 should be at the bottom, if not, click "show more" again until you see the 1863 listed. Note that there are two entries for the 1863 depending on the serial number, choose whichever is correct for your tractor. Then you should be able to weed your way through the various assemblies for the tractor.

Welcome to the forum, Nicki!

Where did you find this schematic?

LOL! Kraig pulls facts, data, photos, links, brochures, and manuals from his files for us all the time. There seems to be no end to his resources.

Hey all - thank you for the info, suggestions and welcome to the group! My husband ordered the correct springs for the brake pedal but was sent an email the next day that they do not have them. Any other suggestions please? He was trying to order Extension spring 7.32Lg, part #732-3010 (superseded to 932-2010). This was from parts tree. Thanks!

It's very possible that the spring has gone NLA, as in No Longer Available. If you can guess the approximate length and size of the spring you might be able to source one that is close enough from McMaster-Carr or even a local hardware store. I would try the local hardware store first, I had to do this with an older Allis Chalmers tractor that I used to have. Or you could try forum sponsor: R.F Houtz as they sell used parts.

It's very possible that the spring has gone NLA, as in No Longer Available. If you can guess the approximate length and size of the spring you might be able to source one that is close enough from McMaster-Carr or even a local hardware store. I would try the local hardware store first, I had to do this with an older Allis Chalmers tractor that I used to have. Or you could try forum sponsor: R.F Houtz as they sell used parts.
Thank you again! Believe it or not he ordered one directly from Cub Cadet - shipping and everything was about $8! The first place the total was $22! God always has a better plan! 😊. So glad I found this group!

Back