• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 1650 - Problem getting the mower deck support clevise on the the frame arm

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proper

displayname
PE ROPER
I'm having a terrible time trying to get the 44" mower deck back on the deck lift frame. I can get one of the mower deck support clevise on the
the frame arm, but not the other. With one side on, when I lift the mower deck to put in the other side, the frame arm lifts making it impossible
to get the other clevise on. I have tried to do it with and without the the deck support pins in.

I have the 1650 Service Manual Section 3 - IH Equipment. It doesn't help, so I tried to find a photo of the deck lift frame. The photo is not
for a 1650, but it does show the arm for the hitch.

Do I need need to take the screws out that hold the hitch arm to get the clevise on?

Also, the frame arms where the deck support clevise slide on, there is a notch or small cut out in the metal. Do the clevise on the mower deck need to be slid past the notch in the metal?

Thank You.

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 157
What I do is once I get the Quick Hitch frame on, I start the engine to raise it and slide the mower deck underneath, eyeball it for square with the hitch frame then roll it forward. I slightly lower the frame/hitch so the tangs (what the white arrows are pointing at) will glide through the front mower supports(eye bolts?) while rolling the deck to the rear.. Sometimes I have to square the deck with the frame so a little jostling is sometimes needed. It's also way easier to do this on level ground, driveway, shop floor. The rear spring loaded pins then go in the rear frame/hitch holes. Again I might have to raise/lower the frame or deck a tad for each side for them to snap in easy. 5 Min and done. Then the engine is turned off and the belt goes on.

Sounds like something is bent or sprung.
Are the lift arms on the rock shaft parallel?
Are the mower support front hangers adjusted evenly?
Are the arms on the center frame assembly (white arrows) parallel?

Edit: What I called "eyebolt?" are clevises.

One thing I remembered too is when attaching the Quick Hitch to the rock shaft, one of the support pins that hangs the hitch frame from the tractor is threaded and if it's not adjusted correctly the hitch frame can be out of "level" with the mover deck. It's what I use to adjust side to side deck level and use the front clevises to adjust front to rear level.

When you install the sub frame are you getting the circled part in the image below installed correctly? That must go onto the lift rockshaft in order to pivot correctly when the mower is lifted and lowered.

Mower_xxA_21a.jpg

Clevis (noun) A U-shaped coupling having holes at each end, through which a bolt is run; used especially to fit attachments to a tractor or other vehicle as it allows a degree of rotation about the bolt.

That's what a clevis is

The decks have a "mower support front hanger"
Ref:
919-3009
Hanger, Mower Support Front

Well, whatever you want to call them, I believe they should be adjusted so they are the same length, that is if the arms on the sub frame, or whatever you want to call them are not twisted, bent or sprung.

Oh, and make sure the tires all have the correct amount of air so the rig sets level.
Good luck!

I got the words "support clevices" from, the manual.

It took every bit of 5 minutes using Greg Riutzel advise. Started the mower, lowered the frame, eased it forward and the tangs slid right onto the clevises (or hanger mower support). I locked the support pins, then cut two acres of grass.

I guess I got a proper, or balanced, alignment when the frame was lowered versus trying to manually place tangs/arms. I do appreciate everyone's assistance.

Back