• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CUB CADET 149

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rich Patton of Patton Acres, is a forum member here, though he hasn't posted since 2013.

Thomas, the 100 used two different battery sizes. The early one used a larger size, the later models had a smaller battery box. Most Cub Cadets use the typical garden tractor sized battery. The larger battery box fills the width of the hood. Here's a photo of a 100 with the larger battery box, note how the battery box comes right out to the width of the inside of the hood.

2213.jpg

The forum area depends on which tractor you are asking questions about. For any IH built Cub Cadet it would be in the "IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum", if it's about an IH built lawn tractor, that would go in the "IH Cadet Lawn Tractor", if it's an MTD or CCC built Cub Cadet it would go in the "CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment" and so on. The 149 and 100 are both IH Built Cub Cadets.

Okay thank you very much this tractor has the bigger battery I'm sure of it because it has a big battery box I just didn't know if you knew any series number or something like that but thanks take care

Thomas, my 1964 has the large battery box and I use the marine battery out of my boat... Makes a great self propelled start cart when something doesn't start in the wintertime...

I'm new 2 forums. And I don't know how this posting worx.
I am located in South East Wisconsin
I'm tryn 2 get rid of a 125 in good condition with motor out.
I ½ 2 K301 Kohler's both eat oil & need rebuildn.
I also ½ drivetrain 4 129/149/169 wide frame
Hydro lift with controls. Want 2 find someone that can use items.IMG_20161211_192237829.jpgIMG_20161016_133737676.jpgIMG_20160829_120935197.jpgIMG_20160906_153347201.jpg

Robert, WELCOME! I assume you were trying to post that stuff for sale. There's a classifieds area in the forum, you would start a new thread in the "For Sale" section. Please include a price in the add. Here's a link to the For Sale area. When you get to the For Sale area, at the top there's a space where you can enter in the title of your for sale thread. When you click in it, it will pop up a space for you to enter in the text and photos and so on.

Robert, I sent you a PM (Private Message) you should see a red dot or number by the little envelope in the upper right. Click on that to access the PM.

Robert - before they changed the Forum format Kraig McConaughey was tagged with "Oh Great One, Keeper of the Photos". He is probably one of the nicest and most knowledgeable guys on here. He goes way out of his way to help people and doesn't get enough credit for everything he does.

Now, as for me, well I probably don't qualify as an A hole but I can throw my share of BS around. :roflol:

Back