• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CUB CADET 149

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Thomas
I looked at this tractor today, it was sitting along the road for sale. Can someone please tell me what engine this tractor should have in it. This had a 10 HP Kohler and I am sure it should be a 14 HP?? Thanks guys.

It could be a 109 with a 149 dash plate. What color is the hood stripe? Serial number kind code would
tell what it was originally built as.

no it has the 149 hood on it and the guy that has it said his brother replace the engine I talked to him earlier today the thing has only a snow plow on it it's a hydrostat with a hydraulic lift for the plow but the clutch assembly is not on the engine nor does he have a mule Drive or mower deck for this thing I laughed at him when he said he wanted $500 then I proceeded to tell him what all was wrong with it then he says well I'll take 250 and I said I'll give you a hundred anyway I was just curious about the engine I thought it should be a 14 horsepower thank you very much guys

There is a guy near New Castle that has a ton of IH parts and he is a good guy to deal with He will have anything you may need. Place is called Patton Acres 724-730-6254 mon-fri...

Yeah I know that place but with a 10 horsepower engine in what should be a 14 I'm not going to spend that kind of money for this with all the stuff that's missing and by the way the ignition switch is hanging out the side of the tractor choke cable is froze out there just too many things wrong with this thing I'm not putting that many hours in this thanks anyway

Yea, it might work pretty hard with that 10 horse... I have a 100 and a 102 and they are great engines but I know what you mean...

yes I also have a 100 I'm working on I have an 1811 that I bought new in 1990 I love that tractor I also have a Z-Force 50 zero turn .
also do you know anyting about 1362 model I looked at yesterday and also in 1862 but you guys should only needs a fuel pump but I'm not real sure because this place is a scrapyard but the 1362 the starter bolts are stripped out I believe this is an aluminum block I don't know what the engine is maybe you can tell me is there enough meat in there that they can be drilled out and retap for the next size holes

Not really familiar with that.. There is a cub cadet dealer on 322 between Franklin and Meadville near Utica that may be able to answer your question.. They have been there a long time..

yes it's McCoy's Equipment I am about 25 minutes away from them so tell me where are you located if you know this I am in Venango County 12 miles south of Oil City in a little place called Rockland

Back