• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet.149 Reatoration on Arpeggio Farms.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh. The mower page didn’t copy n paste like I saw it.

Took the mower deck off today. Will break it down for blasting tomorrow evening. I’m going the check the spindles for wear. Anyone know where I can get a parts diagram with part numbers for a 441U-1111 deck? Spindle bearings specifically. Also going back with all stainless steel fasteners.

It will probably cheaper to get some of the later style aluminum housing spindles and rebuild them. The "water pump" style that originally came on that deck has no user serviceable parts inside the spindle/bearing assembly.

I would not use stainless steel bolts for reassembly; the original hardware was Grade 5; the stainless hardware you get at a hardware store is about the same strength as Grade 1 or 2 bolts. Not anywhere near as strong.

It will probably cheaper to get some of the later style aluminum housing spindles and rebuild them. The "water pump" style that originally came on that deck has no user serviceable parts inside the spindle/bearing assembly.

I would not use stainless steel bolts for reassembly; the original hardware was Grade 5; the stainless hardware you get at a hardware store is about the same strength as Grade 1 or 2 bolts. Not anywhere near as strong.
Points well made and noted

I had a productive morning. Started getting hot about lunch, so I knocked off for a while. Got rear wheels off, mower off, battery out, rear fender and foot steps off. I’ll start on the steering wheel removal and control tower after lunch. I was really surprised that I didn’t have to take an impact driver to the foot plate Phillips head screws. They came right out! Found a very worn steering ball joint. I will replace all those joints anyway after I measure each one so I can go back to ariginal lineup
5A43BBFF-045F-4930-954F-C0CC06AE87B5.jpeg
97106FD3-FFFD-450B-A6CF-F0E4C34C5C9B.jpeg
B4341C51-1F64-4D98-93DD-89138753A6E9.jpeg
5C91191B-DE84-4EE5-9F01-F28DD0EBEA27.jpeg
DB5758A1-13EC-443A-A5E8-93E6943DFAD3.jpeg
3D7794D5-4EAE-4372-9159-B17EEEF1B6C3.jpeg

Attachments

• 2AD7E7B1-9B9A-4D8D-A1D8-05395A570817.jpeg
    2AD7E7B1-9B9A-4D8D-A1D8-05395A570817.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Put the wheels back on and set up a date with a power washer!
Looks like it could use a bath.
You will notice in the picture the tunnel cover did not have a release lever. I ordered one that did and plan on putting the wheels back on and doing just that. It came this evening, so next picks will be much cleaner…..lol

What do y’all think about coating the inside of the battery box with Flex-Seal. Of course, I will unplug the drain hole.
Line-X would be a better coating if one must coat. Line-X’d the floor in my old fishing boat, and it is better than new. Have had two pickup beds Line-X’d; really like it as a protective coating.

Line-X would be a better coating if one must coat. Line-X’d the floor in my old fishing boat, and it is better than new. Have had two pickup beds Line-X’d; really like it as a protective coating.
I have a Line-x bed too, kinda expensive for this application. I’ll probably go with flex-seal

Back