• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

cub cadet 129 with K321 14hp engine problems

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gage,That is not the stock engine..We are assuming it has run ok since being replaced..I work on a lot of different engines ,95% of the time it is fuel related..dirty carb,leaking carb gasket, old fuel line dissolving ,fuel system plugged with debris,...You said you changed fuel,does that mean it was very old fuel and hadn't run in quite a while? There are no instant answers just apply patience and be sure all is functional and clean as Matt said..
I just overhauled the engine about a year ago and rebuilt the carb last summer and the engine runs about 5 to 6 hours a week and recently i cleaned the carb to try to fix my problem and i have also changed the coils out with brand new ones

Gage,not to sound like a broken record.Do you have another carb you could try? And..a few weeks ago someone had a similar issue with a condenser breaking down..I've never had that issue before,I've had them fail totally but....??? Do you have an inline spark tester you could put on and run the engine to see if it is bright and consistent...

Gage,not to sound like a broken record.Do you have another carb you could try? And..a few weeks ago someone had a similar issue with a condenser breaking down..I've never had that issue before,I've had them fail totally but....??? Do you have an inline spark tester you could put on and run the engine to see if it is bright and consistent...
ok I will see if i have one

i finally found the problem it turns out the charge indicators nut was loose just enough to not make full contact and as i ran it the cord would shake just enough to not make contact

i went to start my cub cadet 129 with a K321 14hp engine in it but its started and got it out of the garage and then went to move and it died multiple times and i cant figure out why it is not running right. doe anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem
I had a similar issue a long time ago with my 149. First, make sure the gas is fresh (I use ethanol-free gas when possible and add STP Sta-bil when it sits over the winter). Take the fuel line loose and make sure you are getting adequate fuel flow at the carburetor. Of course, make sure you have spark as others have mentioned and that coil wire is not burned or against a hot engine surface. In MY case, as mentioned earlier, it turned out to be a blockage at the tank from a tiny piece of trash or something. I removed the fitting rodded out the fitting and the area of the tank where it attaches, replaced it, added a NEW fuel filter anyway, and have had zero problems since then. Just an idea because it is oftentimes something very simple. If it was running well the last time you put it up and doesn't run well now, then one has to ask the obvious question: What changed? Hope this helps! (another thought, you could also have water in your fuel; you may have to dump it and replace with fresh fuel; I doubt seriously that you need a 'new' engine as some have suggested; My 50-year-old Kohler has had normal maintenance and care and still runs like a champ today)

Back