• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

cub cadet 129 hydrostatic question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gage mcdaniel

i have a quick question i doing some servicing on my cub cadet but i need to know what type o hydrostatic fluid to put into it because i dont have a case dealer near me i just want to know what kinds of hydro fluid i can put in it

i have a quick question i doing some servicing on my cub cadet but i need to know what type o hydrostatic fluid to put into it because i dont have a case dealer near me i just want to know what kinds of hydro fluid i can put in it
Hytran is the best, but I've seen others use other brands of hydrostatic transmission fluid, but it's not as good as what it was born with.
Hydro filter cross referance.
1678496915479.png

I got a new filter but there is no case dealer for 80 miles so I'm going to do something agenced our ways and I'm going to make all of my cubs hate me for it something that has the same type of hy-trans oil

(n)"john deere"

I'm going to punch myself because of it.

I got a new filter but there is no case dealer for 80 miles so I'm going to do something agenced our ways and I'm going to make all of my cubs hate me for it something that has the same type of hy-trans oil

(n)"john deere"

I'm going to punch myself because of it.
If you have a Cub Cadet dealer around, they sell Hytran in their own packaging. Specify 737-3062 for the gallon jug, or 737-3025 for the quart. Make sure they have the red stripe on the bottle. Cub sells drive oil for their later lawn mowers which is not correct. You will need 7 qts for the fluid change.

If you have a Cub Cadet dealer around, they sell Hytran in their own packaging. Specify 737-3062 for the gallon jug, or 737-3025 for the quart. Make sure they have the red stripe on the bottle. Cub sells drive oil for their later lawn mowers which is not correct. You will need 7 qts for the fluid change.
It's not Hy-Tran. It's MTD's version of hydrostatic transmission fluid which is nothing like Hy-Tran at all, Just sayin.
1678547222651.png

Doesn’t Digger deliver?????????

well, not like a pizza, more like he ships Hy-Tran.

My opinion:
(others may vary, but this one is mine! :errrr: )
A lot of these cubs have had Hy-Tran in them for years without the fluid being replaced once, and the tranny is still fine. What's wrong with spending a few dollars more and getting the good stuff? You will probably spend more money at a nice restaurant, than you would for one Hy-tran fluid change.
Also, the fluid will last a long time, unless you drive the crap out of it for the next few years.
If you can't find it locally, you know Charlie can send you some! :bluethumbsup:

HY-TRAN - 1 G

• This part is an alternative to: 139030A1, 372704R6, 372704R7, 4002/1601I, 4002/1602I, 4004/6302I-G, 407530, 549/40246, B17494, B17636, HTG, HYTRANG, HYTRANGAL, MS1207, TCHG, TCHGAL
Cub Cadet: FLUID-HYDR/TRANS, Part # IH-372703-R5

153205-1678549070655.png

FLUID-HYDR/TRANS, Part # IH-372703-R5​

Replaced By 737-3025

Does anyone have the spec sheet for the Cub Cadet Hydraulic Transmission oil 737-3025? All of my owners manuals specify that fluid or equivalent meeting IH B6 spec.

Several well-respected enthusiasts on a few Cub forums specify the 737-3025 fluid as the right stuff.

I personally use the Case IH Hytran since I have a dealer locally.

HY-TRAN - 1 G

• This part is an alternative to: 139030A1, 372704R6, 372704R7, 4002/1601I, 4002/1602I, 4004/6302I-G, 407530, 549/40246, B17494, B17636, HTG, HYTRANG, HYTRANGAL, MS1207, TCHG, TCHGAL
Cub Cadet: FLUID-HYDR/TRANS, Part # IH-372703-R5

153205-1678549070655.png

FLUID-HYDR/TRANS, Part # IH-372703-R5​

Replaced By 737-3025

Does anyone have the spec sheet for the Cub Cadet Hydraulic Transmission oil 737-3025? All of my owners manuals specify that fluid or equivalent meeting IH B6 spec.

Several well-respected enthusiasts on a few Cub forums specify the 737-3025 fluid as the right stuff.

I personally use the Case IH Hytran since I have a dealer locally.
It's NOT the right stuff! Plain and simple. Will it work? Yes! Is it as good as Hy-Tran, No! The term well-respected enthusiasts, is a mute point. Being well respected doesn't mean they know their butts from a hole in the ground! Use what ya want, it's yours to do with as you please. 👍

Again, I personally use the Case IH Hytran since I have a dealer locally.

You are the only one I have come across to say the stuff is totally wrong. Even my local Cub dealer says its the right stuff. I would like documentation to support this.

Just curious, what is 737-3025 designed for?

Last edited:
Again, I personally use the Case IH Hytran since I have a dealer locally.

You are the only one I have come across to say the stuff is totally wrong. Even my local Cub dealer says its the right stuff. I would like documentation to support this.

Just curious, what is 737-3025 designed for?
It's MTD's version of Hy-Tran, nothing more, nothing less!
It does not have the water encapsulating capabilities of Hy-Tran. Nothing does except Master-Tran sold thru New Holland dealers.

Just scroll to Charlie's 10:40 AM post, and look at the second pic. THAT'S what you want! Feel free to take a pic of it with your phone too, for later reference. :bluethumbsup: :errrr:

Back