• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 122 Headlights and housing

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a show several years ago a fellow came up to my display and wanted to know if I would sell the lens from one of my originals tail lamp!!
Go figure!!

Dave - you're lucky there's screws that hold the lenses on. The dang Wide Frame and QL tail light lenses just snap on and off (as I'm sure you know) and it makes them pretty easy to DISAPPEAR at a show.

Hydro i found the (2) housings for my QL rear tail lights. The white plastic. I’m sure they are hard to find. Original. Mine where gone on my tractor.

Why are the footrests yellow? I thought they were all black back them? I am restoring my 122 and I used a black bedliner on mine. Guess I screwed that up.

As Matt stated, the brochures often had differences from the actual production tractors. Prototypes were used for the photos and last minute changes were made so some photos show incorrect details.

Lew - are you referring to me when you say "HH"??? You mean the Grote tail light lens? I probably have just a shaky thumb on that one. Going that far back in time really isn't my forte. :fencing:

Lew - hey I already said in an earlier post that he got a heck of a deal on the lights, especially the tail light. I know it's not an original Grote. Best I can tell from the pic, the housing doesn't have the black rubber part where the wire goes thru. I really don't have the ole eagle eye when it comes to this era and earlier. You are still on the top of the list.

Harry or HH,
Here is the one I have. It does have a rubber grommet, and an extra hole for a brake light wire.
DSC04773.JPG
DSC04774.JPG

Lew - yup, that's the little rubber thingy (grommet) that I don't think Steve probably has on his. Where is the extra hole for the brake light wire (not used in the IHCC application)? I see what looks like a couple little push plugs on the side of the housing but those don't seem right for a wire are they?

Mike - HEY!!!! Now I see the extra hole in the rubber grommet itself. Is that part of what makes it an original Grote light?

I don't know about that Harry. But it does mean that it could've been used for Brake & Turn signals in addition to Running lamp. With the right pigtail of course.

Ok Lew - thanks for letting me know. So just how the heck do we know when one is an original Grote?

Back