• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Parts Wanted Cub Cadet 109 need mule drive and carriage frame.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbest

displayname
William Best
I am in need of a mule drive and carriage frame for my 109. I have a very good 44 inch deck. I am at Greencastle, IN about 40 miles west of Indy. Not sure how I ended up without the mower frame and mule drive. It has been sitting in the garage for several years. Hopefully someone near central Indiana will have the parts needed. Thanks. William

William, not sure but the parts from my 108 that i am giving away to whoa ever wants to come get it might fit. i am new to older Cubs so don't know the models and what is compatible between models. I can send pictures of what i have and any close ups. I am just south of Cincinnati. text to 513-479-6338

Tim and William - the 108 and 109 are from the same series of tractors (1x8/9 series). They are both 10hp and will appear nearly identical at first glance (they actually have the same green accent stripe on the hood decal) when looking at them. The difference between these 2 tractors is the 108 is a gear drive and the 109 is a hydrostatic drive.

Now, whether Tim's mule drive will work depends on what size deck it's for. Many 10hp tractors (108 and 109) from this era, were equipped with a 38" deck, which utilizes a different mule drive and sub-frame hanger assembly, from the version for a 44" deck. Also, some of the earlier production 108 and 109 tractors were equipped with a 42" deck, which also has a different mule drive and sub-frame than used on a 44" deck. So, I would really need to see some pics of Tim's mule drive and sub-frame to determine what deck it's for.

108 a.jpg

Sorry about the way i posted the pictures, i need some practice. The deck is 48 1/2" end to end. Since i am picking up a model 105 my question is will the mower deck mount from the 108 allow me to mount a deck on the 105. It comes with a deck but I don't see and mounting hardware with it.

The mower deck is a 42" cut. The mower deck hanger/subframe/mule drive will NOT fit onto a 105, the mower deck will with the correct narrow frame hanger/subframe/mule drive.

I am in need of a mule drive and carriage frame for my 109. I have a very good 44 inch deck. I am at Greencastle, IN about 40 miles west of Indy. Not sure how I ended up without the mower frame and mule drive. It has been sitting in the garage for several years. Hopefully someone near central Indiana will have the parts needed. Thanks. William
Will a mule drive from a 147 work on your machine?

Back