• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub cadet 102 snow plow help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Duffy

I recently purchased a cub cadet 102 and it came with a plow blade. I'm not sure if I have all the pieces or that it's the correct blade for my tractor. I attached some pictures of what I kind of mocked up. (Yes I know the bolts are all loose. It was just to mock up). I think I'm missing a bracket on the deck lever.

I'm sure something isnt right.

My questions are is this the right blade? How do I install it? What am I missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210122_131820.jpg
    20210122_131820.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 295
  • 20210122_123812.jpg
    20210122_123812.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 408
  • 20210122_123809.jpg
    20210122_123809.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 20210122_123723.jpg
    20210122_123723.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 370
  • 20210122_123720.jpg
    20210122_123720.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 309
  • 20210122_123715.jpg
    20210122_123715.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 306
  • 20210122_123800.jpg
    20210122_123800.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 314
  • 20210122_123743.jpg
    20210122_123743.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 290
  • 20210122_123738.jpg
    20210122_123738.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 291
  • 20210122_123729.jpg
    20210122_123729.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 276
I'm no expert on these plows yet (someday maybe) but I can see for certain that you've got the mule frame mounted wrong. It is supposed to bolt right to the tractor frame on the front, but you've got it bolted to the dropdown pieces that are for the mower deck mule drive. Remove those and bolt the mule frame directly to the tractor frame. Here's an old pic from elsewhere on the site, you can see that the mule frame (white) bolts directly to the tractor frame at the front.

299083-jpg.94506

I actually attempted that first, but the mule frame is to wide to bolt directly to the frame. Unless I'm missing some 1/4" spacers. Also I'm not sure the back end is in the correct location. The only place it would slide on is outside the frame. Between the foot rests and the frame.

Something must be bent out of shape under there, supposed to bolt right to the frame. I found the manual for this type of blade, take a look through this and see if it helps:

Bolt-on blade manual

Upon further inspection of the manual and your pictures, I can quite clearly see that someone had some fun with a welder on that plow! The black metal reinforcements are not original, nor is that odd spring towering up from the center. Heck I think even the frame it mounts to is a modification! There's also something off about the lift arm, it looks more like a piece of a pipe. Man, someone sure had some fun with a welder when they made that thing!

I wish you the best in getting it on the tractor but with that amount of modifications made, it probably won't be an easy task. I'm sure someone who has a better understanding of these blades might be able to help more than me.

I have gone over the info sent. My Cub is a 102, I'm not sure that matters, but I think that is a different blade than mine. The uprights that would attach to the frame on mine are much larger, The shape of the pivot frame is different. It may be that the blade is entirely wrong. If there is someone out there that has the correct blade and needs this one I would be more than happy to trade. If this one will work I would love to install it.

I scanned that manual back around November 2000, it has the same stains and wrinkles as my original files, though it appears that some additional cleanup was done on page 4, probably why it's a smaller size. Once ya let them out in the wild it's interesting where they turn up.

Geez,you guys are being way too negative.The guy who fabricated it did a reasonable job. If it only requires 1/4 spacers to make it fit the frame it's almost there. Sean, if you're not a fabricator someone who is could make that fit easily.the pipe (rod) can be replaced. It may not be the original for that machine the real question is ...do you care?? The springy thing should be an obvious purpose. To me it's no different than adding 1" plates for weight,they weren't original equipment either but I don't have a problem with that. Get it bolted on and when you plow you won't notice if it's "original" or not...

Geez,you guys are being way too negative.The guy who fabricated it did a reasonable job. If it only requires 1/4 spacers to make it fit the frame it's almost there. Sean, if you're not a fabricator someone who is could make that fit easily.the pipe (rod) can be replaced. It may not be the original for that machine the real question is ...do you care?? The springy thing should be an obvious purpose. To me it's no different than adding 1" plates for weight,they weren't original equipment either but I don't have a problem with that. Get it bolted on and when you plow you won't notice if it's "original" or not...
NO ONE is being negative, they are just stating the fact that some goof butchered a blade for absolutely no reason other than being lazy and not knowing his butt from a hole in the ground!!

Gary, Your correct the originality really doesnt bother me. I can make the 1/4 spacers. I'm still not sure how to attach the lifting rod to the handle. Or how the triangle with the springy thing would attach to the tractor. I will take a better picture of that in a little while. I will also checkout the other manual that dschwandt shared.

Chalie, I think you are right. I would dismantle, set aside any part That doesn't look "factory", then try to look at the manual, to see what, if anything is missing, and where each part belongs on the tractor. The guy that made those parts either knew it wasn't the right blade for his tractor, or didn't know how to mount it.

I think the "spring thingy" was fabbed up, to maintain constant down pressure an contact with the ground when blade is down , Myself, I would lose all the extras and go back to original cub parts.

Holy cow this blew up!!

Is that your manual storage space?

That manual came from Roland's website, I dunno why I didn't just look for it on here. Impulse just told me that I knew it was on his site. Didn't mean to "offend" anyone by posting that link and if I did then I'm sorry. Will say I was confused why the 4th page was smaller than the first three.

At the end of the day I was just trying to help this poor fella out. That IS the purpose of this site, isn't it?

Back