• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 70 Hydraulic Pump Issue

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Johnson

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I have an IH CC 106 that came with a IH CC 70 hydraulic lift pump. It started leaking out of the front seal HYDRAULIC PUMP DRIVE SEAL CUB CADET IH 347478 R91 NOS (and all over the garage floor)! What I had learned once it was taken apart is that the the spring on the inside HYDRAULIC PUMP SPOOL VALVE SPRING CUB CADET IH 386371 R1 NOSwas broken and I assume had worked some small pieces into the seal, wearing it out.
I guess that leads me to two questions:
1. I have the new seal, it is not flexible like an o-ring and I don't want to damage anything unnecessary. How do I gain access to replace the seal.
2. With the spring being broken inside the unit, I have no idea as to how it should go back in. Does anyone have a picture or a good drawing of how it sits on and around the pins?

That is all, I love my tractor and want it to always be at top form.

Thanks for any help.

Jeremy in Toledo

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I have an IH CC 106 that came with a IH CC 70 hydraulic lift pump. It started leaking out of the front seal HYDRAULIC PUMP DRIVE SEAL CUB CADET IH 347478 R91 NOS (and all over the garage floor)! What I had learned once it was taken apart is that the the spring on the inside HYDRAULIC PUMP SPOOL VALVE SPRING CUB CADET IH 386371 R1 NOSwas broken and I assume had worked some small pieces into the seal, wearing it out.
I guess that leads me to two questions:
1. I have the new seal, it is not flexible like an o-ring and I don't want to damage anything unnecessary. How do I gain access to replace the seal.
2. With the spring being broken inside the unit, I have no idea as to how it should go back in. Does anyone have a picture or a good drawing of how it sits on and around the pins?

That is all, I love my tractor and want it to always be at top form.

Thanks for any help.

Jeremy in Toledo
My suggestion might be to ask the guy where you got the part numbers from. Marlin MIGHT know something about them. If he sells the parts, he should be able to help you fix it. Just sayin. But just in case he doesn't. It takes 2 seals, not just one.
He's also listing them as NOS, which it is not.
1609979405569.png

1609979293471.png

I ordered the parts online as they were harder to find than I imagined. I will order another one like you said, I just don't know if the metal piece on the front of the pump needs to come out so I can get these new seals in there. It seems pretty flimsy and not reusable if I were to bang it up.

The picture of the spring is PERFECT! I think the ends of the spring may be too long and I will need to trim them a little, they look as though they will get into the wall of the reservoir wall.

Thank you for all your great advice!

Jeremy

I ordered the parts online as they were harder to find than I imagined. I will order another one like you said, I just don't know if the metal piece on the front of the pump needs to come out so I can get these new seals in there. It seems pretty flimsy and not reusable if I were to bang it up.

The picture of the spring is PERFECT! I think the ends of the spring may be too long and I will need to trim them a little, they look as though they will get into the wall of the reservoir wall.

Thank you for all your great advice!

Jeremy
The seals are put in from the outside.
I know exactly where you ordered them as I built his first website for him.
Parts are not hard to find as I'm the only one on the web that has them all. (y)

Latest posts

Back