• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub 60

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will give it a try, my mechanic who worked on the Cub said the Carburetor that's on it isn't the "right size and won't let enough fuel get through, which is why it's running like it is". When I bought it someone had put a different Carburetor on it and it isn't the correct one supposedly... 🤷
The Old H tractor is my favorite one by far.
Brad and Edward, I don't know where you are located but there is a great deal in PA. 18 hours from SW Mo -so way to far for me but if I was closer, they would be in my shed!! I am attaching a screen shot- search Facebook groups for cub cadet bathtubs. Good luck!
Damn! Wish I was closer as well.

I will give it a try, my mechanic who worked on the Cub said the Carburetor that's on it isn't the "right size and won't let enough fuel get through, which is why it's running like it is". When I bought it someone had put a different Carburetor on it and it isn't the correct one supposedly... 🤷
The Old H tractor is my favorite one by far.
Damn! Wish I was closer as well.

See if you can get a picture of this replacement carb. It'll be pretty easy to tell whether or not it's a correct Tecumseh carb. Pretty sure they used the same factory carb on most of their engines, ive seen the same one installed on engines varying in power from 3hp all the way to 12...

See if you can get a picture of this replacement carb. It'll be pretty easy to tell whether or not it's a correct Tecumseh carb. Pretty sure they used the same factory carb on most of their engines, ive seen the same one installed on engines varying in power from 3hp all the way to 12...
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 20211213_205557.jpg
    20211213_205557.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20211213_205621.jpg
    20211213_205621.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20211213_205638.jpg
    20211213_205638.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 78
That definitely helps. I would say that there is a cheap China knockoff replacement of a Tecumseh carburetor. The screw that is sticking out the side there is the idle mixture adjustment. I can't see it but I would assume that the main adjustment is still built into the bolt holding the bowl on. They can be rather touchy to get adjusted correctly, especially if you're dealing with a China knockoff. Sometimes those carbs are no good altogether. I would still try to fiddle with the adjustments to see if it will smooth out. Start it, throttle it up, and adjust the main screw first and see if it will run smoother, and then throttle it down and adjust the idle screw until it idles smooth.

That definitely helps. I would say that there is a cheap China knockoff replacement of a Tecumseh carburetor. The screw that is sticking out the side there is the idle mixture adjustment. I can't see it but I would assume that the main adjustment is still built into the bolt holding the bowl on. They can be rather touchy to get adjusted correctly, especially if you're dealing with a China knockoff. Sometimes those carbs are no good altogether. I would still try to fiddle with the adjustments to see if it will smooth out. Start it, throttle it up, and adjust the main screw first and see if it will run smoother, and then throttle it down and adjust the idle screw until it idles smooth.
I will try that and hope for some luck! Thanks for the advice and I will keep you posted!

Brad and Edward, I don't know where you are located but there is a great deal in PA. 18 hours from SW Mo -so way to far for me but if I was closer, they would be in my shed!! I am attaching a screen shot- search Facebook groups for cub cadet bathtubs. Good luck!
Damn that’s a good deal, too far from GB, WI

Hi ! It´s true about the flimsy Camschaft for Reverse gear . I put me a v60 together from parts that I could get a hold of and not satisfied the way it is running.Before Carb adjustment make sure that carb fuelbowl and jet`s are clean. Main jet on bottom of Carb 1 3/4 turns out.Idle screw on the side 1 1/2out. Engine warmed up push Governor arm back for more RPM. while doing that slihtly screw in main jet from the bottom or for the best RPM or out. In Idle the side screw slightly in or out for proper Idle. Probably better when Mowerblade is engaged since that´s when you need it to run best ! Good Luck !

Hi ! It´s true about the flimsy Camschaft for Reverse gear . I put me a v60 together from parts that I could get a hold of and not satisfied the way it is running.Before Carb adjustment make sure that carb fuelbowl and jet`s are clean. Main jet on bottom of Carb 1 3/4 turns out.Idle screw on the side 1 1/2out. Engine warmed up push Governor arm back for more RPM. while doing that slihtly screw in main jet from the bottom or for the best RPM or out. In Idle the side screw slightly in or out for proper Idle. Probably better when Mowerblade is engaged since that´s when you need it to run best ! Good Luck !
Thanks!! I got some adjustments to do for sure, hopefully it will fix it.

John has got to be the Bathtub King of Shell Knob (we spell Knob with a K here in this part of the state) with two or three, or (parts of?) five in his stable. It’s a small town.
I had that ”carb problem in the ignition system“ thought last night too. How are the plug, plug wire, and spark?

Wade,
I keep thinking your next post will be to report that all is well, and you got it running smoothly. Here’s hoping...
His mechanic is making good progress on the carb issue. Vacuum leak was the biggest problem with the surging. Now try to fix the prior mechanic screw up on the fuel line fitting coming out of the carb. It is loose and leaks and they tried to use silicon to fix the problem

I'm wondering, reading the description and looking at the carb photos if there isn't a vacuum leak.
The photos lend to that and the issue of it settling down when the governor perceives load support this... among other potential issues.

Spraying a bit of carb cleaner at the joining surfaces while running can often identify this.

Todd, that photo with the bath tub mower was staged, but it was inspired by the last time I saw my Dad’s 124. It left on the roof rack/lumber rack of a mid-80s Ranger pickup. The entire family adopted the old 124, and gave it a good home. He dropped it getting it down, and said it didn’t hurt it one bit-must not have dropped it from too high.

Todd, that photo with the bath tub mower was staged, but it was inspired by the last time I saw my Dad’s 124. It left on the roof rack/lumber rack of a mid-80s Ranger pickup. The entire family adopted the old 124, and gave it a good home. He dropped it getting it down, and said it didn’t hurt it one bit-must not have dropped it from too high.
Then... funnier still.đź‘Ť

Todd,
I can tell you that an 85S with steering wheel removed, and bumpers still on has plenty of room in all directions when placed into a VW Atlas. It may rattle a good bit when carted 500+ miles though.

Todd,
I can tell you that an 85S with steering wheel removed, and bumpers still on has plenty of room in all directions when placed into a VW Atlas. It may rattle a good bit when carted 500+ miles though.
Speaks well for the Atlas. I always thought that they were kinda cool vehicles.

My wife and I, having been otherwise pleased with a potential vehicle purchase, have walked away from several after *opening* the back.

Back